PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Sweden

Audioguy
06-10-2012, 09:18
My proper first name is Hans and I live in Sweden's second largest city Gothenburg which is located on the west coast.

I have been a keen hobbyist in Hi-Fi all my life and for a time I also worked professionally with audio at Volvo Cars.

Most my efforts nowadays goes into my home theatre where I have installed front speakers, center speaker and subwoofers of my own design and construction in an acoustically treated room.

The front and center speakers are based on Dynaudio drivers driven by Hypex DSP amplifier modules. The subwoofers are based on Dayton 12" drivers with Hypex plate amps.

The reason I joined the forum was to get more information on how to remove hum noise from the torodial transformers in my subwofer plate amps. A DC block seems to be the way to go but there are many different designs out there to choose from so I wanted to see what is working for people.

The Grand Wazoo
06-10-2012, 09:25
Hi Hans,
Welcome to AoS.
I'm sure someone here can help you with your problem - but that won't be me I'm afraid! Just start a new thread, maybe in The Drawing Board (http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)

So what sort of music do you like to listen to?

Cheers

PLINIUS
06-10-2012, 09:30
My proper first name is Hans and I live in Sweden's second largest city Gothenburg which is located on the west coast.

I have been a keen hobbyist in Hi-Fi all my life and for a time I also worked professionally with audio at Volvo Cars.

Most my efforts nowadays goes into my home theatre where I have installed front speakers, center speaker and subwoofers of my own design and construction in an acoustically treated room.

The front and center speakers are based on Dynaudio drivers driven by Hypex DSP amplifier modules. The subwoofers are based on Dayton 12" drivers with Hypex plate amps.

The reason I joined the forum was to get more information on how to remove hum noise from the torodial transformers in my subwofer plate amps. A DC block seems to be the way to go but there are many different designs out there to choose from so I wanted to see what is working for people.
Welcome Hans, enjoy your stay.

AlfaGTV
06-10-2012, 10:36
Välkommen Hans!

There are actually quite a few scandi-hooligans hanging around here!
Have you tried a "skiljetransformator" on your sub?

Regards Mike