PDA

View Full Version : Wigwam member since 2007 - now banned.

Gazjam
05-10-2012, 15:34
Posted a thread on the "Public Bar" forum and someone got sarcy within 2 posts...
took it in good natured fun and gave back what I got, then I got a permenant ban.
"banned for trolling - again"

never trolled in my life - wtf!

Bad form Wigwam...

now theres a guy who put money in my bank account for a MF VLink I sold him and expecting a delivery and I don't know his address!

Oh dear..

Posted on Wigwams Facebook page (as private message) that I had just sold someone some kit and I now don't know their postage address as I cant access my PM's.

Oh dear..

Any guys here got clout with James or any other Wigwam forum bods?
Someones expecting me to get in touch and I cant!

sq225917
05-10-2012, 16:22
Welcome to my world. I got banned a while back, no idea what for, never got told by a mod. Just a life ban. I had trades in the offing, parts lent out to people via the forum and a review of the Puresound pre-amp ready to post.

Frankly f_ck em, they'll take your 'super wammer' £5 but then can't even be arsed to explain why you've been barred.

The moderation has been going downhill ever since James threw his toys out of the pram.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
05-10-2012, 16:40
That's why I like this forum so much. We can get away with murder ;-)

I was given a lifetime ban from the cyrusunofficial forum and I haven't a clue why.

I'm only offensive, opinionated, rude and belligerent when I'm getting paid. The rest of the time I'm very reasonable.

Gazjam
05-10-2012, 16:52
shame about the forum (Paul, EOS, is a good guy) but done nowt wrong, but not trying to figure it out.

Only concern is the guy "vaughst" who paid me for my Vlink!

Anyone send him a PM for me?
http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?76286-Musical-Fidelity-Vlink-2-for-sale

synsei
05-10-2012, 17:02
PM me your email addy Gaz and I'll sort it for you ;)

nat8808
05-10-2012, 17:27
Didn't Jerry (Jandl100) get banned a while ago?

And Simon, aren't you back on there now or is it someone else?

Seems best thing for wigwam is to make the odd boring post and use the classifieds..

brian2957
05-10-2012, 17:34
shame about the forum (Paul, EOS, is a good guy) but done nowt wrong, but not trying to figure it out.

Only concern is the guy "vaughst" who paid me for my Vlink!

Anyone send him a PM for me?
http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?76286-Musical-Fidelity-Vlink-2-for-sale

Done mate.

sq225917
05-10-2012, 18:00
nat, no my sq... account is still banned ;-)

Gazjam
05-10-2012, 18:11
thanks for the offers to get in touch with Wigwam about the Vlink guys..

Covenant
05-10-2012, 18:38
I dont know what it is about the Wam but I have stopped looking in. Well, I check the jokes, funny vids and stuff about cats but nothing to do with hifi. Must be 18 months since I posted there.

Ali Tait
05-10-2012, 19:21
I never bothered. Not for me.

Effem
05-10-2012, 20:06
I banned myself :lol:

MartinT
05-10-2012, 20:46
I was banned from Vinyl Engine a few months ago. After a forum chat with a nice chap called caffe latte about the possibility of him visiting me when he comes to the UK, we took it to PM. I invited him to join AoS as an aside and the next thing I knew I couldn't logon any more. The one-word reason given was 'spam'. So from this I established that the VE owner:

Is an arse of the highest order
Reads member's PMs (absolutely unforgivable behaviour in any forum)
Is so scared of little old AoS that he couldn't take the competition
Hides like a coward behind his forum and will not respond to any external mail

I had been a member for a good many years, too, but this didn't qualify me for even the courtesy of an explanation from him.

Gazjam
05-10-2012, 20:55
Never been banned from anything in my life...
ah well, cest la vie. :scratch: :)

Was going to try and contact James over on the Wam, but not so bothered.
Doesn't matter.

MartinT
05-10-2012, 21:03
Yep, it's best not to get too upset. Take the high road and move on :)

Gazjam
05-10-2012, 21:05
yeah...exactly. :)
Just one of these things.

Gazjam
05-10-2012, 21:07
bang out of order I'd say.

I was banned from Vinyl Engine a few months ago. After a forum chat with a nice chap called caffe latte about the possibility of him visiting me when he comes to the UK, we took it to PM. I invited him to join AoS as an aside and the next thing I knew I couldn't logon any more. The one-word reason given was 'spam'. So from this I established that the VE owner:

I had been a member for a good many years, too, but this didn't qualify me for even the courtesy of an explanation from him.

The Grand Wazoo
05-10-2012, 21:16

Outrageous

Havana
05-10-2012, 21:21

Shocking and petty and dishonourable behaviour ! However, look on the bright side - it was only a vinyl forum! Surely it's about time you concentrated on digital. It is 2012 ! :lol:

Marco
05-10-2012, 21:29

Ha - at least people regularly visit "little old AoS" for more than just downloading an alignment protractor! ;)

Marco.

synsei
05-10-2012, 21:41

JaS is renowned for this Martin. I received exactly the same treatment and to this day I still don't know why I was banned. Caffé Latté is a star btw.

Do you remember sreten and his little rants? :D He was banned shortly after I was due to an ongoing feud between him and Basnut. It all got a bit out of hand apparently. I miss those convo's, they were hilarious... :lol:

MartinT
05-10-2012, 21:45
Do you remember sreten and his little rants? :D He was banned shortly after I was due to an ongoing feud between him and Basnut. It all got a bit out of hand apparently. I miss those convo's, they were hilarious... :lol:

Oh yes, it's all coming back to me now. Wasn't it an odd spelling like 'Bastlenut'? Do you have any idea why you were banned?

seoirse2002
05-10-2012, 21:56
Ha - at least people regularly visit "little old AoS" for more than just downloading an alignment protractor! ;)

Marco.

:lol::lol::lol:

synsei
05-10-2012, 22:19
Oh yes, it's all coming back to me now. Wasn't it an odd spelling like 'Bastlenut'? Do you have any idea why you were banned?

Baslnut? Oh heck, you know who I'm on about obviously :)

Not a clue Martin. I logged out one evening after a particularly fun forum session and attempted to logon the following morning and couldn't. I created a new account to find out what was happening and PM'd JaS (something members can't do anymore btw), who instantly banned that account too. Ah well, that in a nutshell is how I ended up here :D

lordmortlock
06-10-2012, 07:17
I wondered what happened to that thread Gaz. Spotted the beginnings of it then saw that you had banned status so went back to read up to see what had kicked off. Can't find the thread now. Was it just over those initial few comments?

Gazjam
06-10-2012, 07:46
I wondered what happened to that thread Gaz. Spotted the beginnings of it then saw that you had banned status so went back to read up to see what had kicked off. Can't find the thread now. Was it just over those initial few comments?

Yeah I think its been completely wiped. :scratch:
Just over few initial comments I think, its the 'Wam and theres supposed to be a bit of banter, or so I thought.
Nothing personal, mean or insulting was said or meant.
One of the mods pointed to an earlier thread dealing with the same thing I had brought up which I hadn't noticed.
I replied saying I was "behind the wigwam curve" or summit, then the sarcy comments started coming.
Commented back that the guy didn't even know me and he was starting on me.
Few comments later from different people...all in the spirit of the thread (or so I thought)...banned for trolling.
Bad form guys imo.
A PM from James or one of the mods would have been reasonable (if unnecessary)...But there you go.

I've never been banned from anything in my life and I actually reckon your online reputation online is worth something. :scratch:
I know some of you guys have PM'd the guy himself over there for me (thanks) but he hasn't been in touch.
Could someone maybe PM James (Hifiwigwam) over there please and explain I was in the middle of a Sale and I don't have the guys postal address any more as I cant access PMs?

I was going to re-register just for that but best not.

thanks.

lordmortlock
06-10-2012, 08:47
Really odd. Nothing about that thread was in any way OTT, especially by 'Wam standards.

Mistaken identity perhaps?

Wakefield Turntables
06-10-2012, 09:28
I've never really used wam before I tend to lurk here, glad I do as I would probably get banned very quickly, I can get very outspoken. :D reading comments like these makes you wonder how these other forums survive :scratch:

Effem
06-10-2012, 10:27
reading comments like these makes you wonder how these other forums survive :scratch:

They survive on member numbers and how close the inner clique is :rolleyes:

Banning a dozen a week won't make any dent at all.

walpurgis
06-10-2012, 10:46
I got banned from a pub once, but I suppose that's not quite the same thing.

MartinT
06-10-2012, 11:23
Depends - did you need an explanation? ;)

Gazjam
06-10-2012, 12:05
Really odd. Nothing about that thread was in any way OTT, especially by 'Wam standards.

Mistaken identity perhaps?

Could be, I log on to the 'Wam and it says "banned for trolling - again".
Never trolled on ANY forum before.

Who knows.. :scratch:

synsei
06-10-2012, 12:08
I've received no reply from Vaughst as yet Gaz.

Hi Vaughst,

Gazjam has asked me to contact you on his behalf as he has been perma-banned from the Wam. He needs your addy so that he can send the V-link to you. Here is his email addy so you can contact him ;)

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Regards

Dave...

Gazjam
06-10-2012, 13:24
cheers Dave.

synsei
06-10-2012, 15:40
I've had a word with James and he has reactivated your account Gaz. You are to behave from now on however... :ner:;)

AlanS
06-10-2012, 16:09
I've had a word with James and he has reactivated your account Gaz. You are to behave from now on however... :ner:;)

Well done that man.

Gazjam
06-10-2012, 16:23

thanks very much Dave.
have a cold one on me.

thanks too for the offers of help and support Guys, appreciated.
Milky bars are on me..
:cool:

*EDIT*
Just got the guys address from my Wigwam PM's. All sorted. :)

Still mega confused as to the ban, feel a mistake was made by the Wam guys...
No explanation given, ah well. Just noticed it was 2005 I joined, not 2007.

Moving on though and not to worry, putting this one down to experience...

DaveK
06-10-2012, 16:24

Aw, wot a pity ;) , I was looking forward to sharing notes on what it felt like to be undeservedly banned :lol: .

brian2957
06-10-2012, 16:25
I'll PM my address . I love milky bars :D

Gazjam
06-10-2012, 16:40
Aw, wot a pity ;) , I was looking forward to sharing notes on what it felt like to be undeservedly banned :lol: .

steady.... ;)

Effem
06-10-2012, 17:00
Milky bars are on me..

You had better cough up boy or else you're out on your ear from here too :ner:

Beechwoods
06-10-2012, 17:11
I once got banned from one of the pubs in the village where I grew up. I'd been going there for years (underage) without problems, went to University for a term, came back for the first time aged over 18 and got banned on walking up to the bar... I think it was my new dread's ('locks) :)

sq225917
06-10-2012, 18:33

That's all right Dave we can compare notes.

Marco
06-10-2012, 18:56
Aw, wot a pity. I was looking forward to sharing notes on what it felt like to be undeservedly banned...

How would you know? You've never been undeservedly banned!! :lol: :lol: :ner:

;)

Marco.

DaveK
06-10-2012, 20:06
How would you know? You've never been undeservedly banned!! :lol: :lol: :ner:

;)

Marco.

Nah then Marco, I'm sure you'll understand that I might have a slightly different opinion on that subject from you :) :ner: . One man's deserts are another man's ......... or something like that :scratch: . Best not go there eh? or history might repeat itself ;) .

The Black Adder
06-10-2012, 20:17
I was banned then en-stated. I was banned because apparently I placed too many classified ads. They wanted me to pay the dealers fee.

Of course this was utter rubbish. The thing that got me was that they just flicked the 'Banned' switch without any kind of warning.

Pah, it's only wigwam... no biggie to me...

jandl100
07-10-2012, 08:19
Good to see you back on, Gaz. :thumbsup:

Gazjam
07-10-2012, 12:13
Nah then Marco, I'm sure you'll understand that I might have a slightly different opinion on that subject from you :) :ner: . One man's deserts are another man's ......... or something like that :scratch: . Best not go there eh? or history might repeat itself ;) .

*edited for good taste* :)

nat8808
11-10-2012, 18:20

JaS on VE apears to be a good guy.

I'm sure it would be key-word based filtering and automatic blocking.

There was apparently a fair amount of spam in the PM system a while back, trying to generate traffic to other forums. People complained to JaS about it.

Hence now accounts get blocked when the "spam" potentially re-appears! Of course, innocent invitations will be caught up in it. You being a regular member here will have added to suspicions.

I've had a similar experience I think for linking to a thread here for the same reason. So he apologised for the post deletion and explained why in a PM.

Fair enough really! I'd imagine any forum owner would do the same, at least anyone who cares about their own forum and protecting their own community.

nat8808
11-10-2012, 18:23
Baslnut? Oh heck, you know who I'm on about obviously :)

Not a clue Martin. I logged out one evening after a particularly fun forum session and attempted to logon the following morning and couldn't. I created a new account to find out what was happening and PM'd JaS (something members can't do anymore btw), who instantly banned that account too. Ah well, that in a nutshell is how I ended up here :D

Should have changed your broadband IP address and started a new user account on your PC to isolate cookies and flash objects..

Logging in from an IP address the same as a banned user will surely just set into motion an automatic banning system designed to cut down spam.

nat8808
11-10-2012, 18:27
I was banned then en-stated. I was banned because apparently I placed too many classified ads. They wanted me to pay the dealers fee.

Of course this was utter rubbish. The thing that got me was that they just flicked the 'Banned' switch without any kind of warning.

Pah, it's only wigwam... no biggie to me...

Pah. I thought I'd better ask about that kind of thing before selling a load of things and the conclusion was I should perhaps pay the normal user subscription and that would be ok. So I did.

Then it was taking so long to sell anything or get any interest in anything (unless you're in a small group of people who know each other or you're selling Kondo or the likes) I never did bother! Pah..

MartinT
11-10-2012, 20:08

That is not my impression from the treatment I received.

Hence now accounts get blocked when the "spam" potentially re-appears! Of course, innocent invitations will be caught up in it. You being a regular member here will have added to suspicions.

What 'spam'? And what would he be suspicious of? It's not as if I didn't partake in threads and make my own contributions. I didn't just lurk, I had been a member for quite a few years.

I've had a similar experience I think for linking to a thread here for the same reason. So he apologised for the post deletion and explained why in a PM.

Well, bravo. So why didn't I receive the same courtesy? Why did he ignore all my attempts to contact him? Sorry, but nothing you've said can explain why a forum owner like JaS should (a) be so paranoid, (b) take such extreme and irreversible action and (c) be such an utter prick. Can the man not communicate?

Marco
11-10-2012, 20:27

On the contrary, from personal experience, I can tell you that he's a paranoid idiot of the highest order, totally devoid of manners. I'm sorry, but sometimes telling the truth is necessary! :exactly:

Marco.

synsei
11-10-2012, 21:20
That is not my impression from the treatment I received.

What 'spam'? And what would he be suspicious of? It's not as if I didn't partake in threads and make my own contributions. I didn't just lurk, I had been a member for quite a few years.

Well, bravo. So why didn't I receive the same courtesy? Why did he ignore all my attempts to contact him? Sorry, but nothing you've said can explain why a forum owner like JaS should (a) be so paranoid, (b) take such extreme and irreversible action and (c) be such an utter prick. Can the man not communicate?

+1

Remaining a member on VE seems to pivot around whether JaS likes you or not. He does have a history of booting members out with no explanation. Many of the guys I used to chat to on VE suffered the same fate as myself and Martin. It's a shame because none of them caused any hassle on the forum, except for sreten who was the epitome of confrontation. :lol:

Marco
11-10-2012, 21:32
With pish like that to contend with, it's not difficult to guess why others and I gave birth to AoS, is it? :)

Marco.

synsei
11-10-2012, 21:36
Natural or Caesarian? :D

awkwardbydesign
11-10-2012, 21:44
I went to the WigWam cos I found VE too abusive! :doh:
Got banned for suggesting moderators could CAUSE problems. Got an almost apology when I put my side. I only really joined to meet local people (I live in Plymouth), and that is working OK, but some of the posts, I would give them a smack in the mouth if they said it to my face. Which of course they won't, when you meet them.

snapper
11-10-2012, 21:46
Natural or Caesarian? :D

There was a 'fanny' involved, so I'd imagine 'natural'.

:lol:

synsei
11-10-2012, 21:48
There are a few decent peeps on the Wam but they are in the minority. It sort of transports me back to the school playground and exhibits similar levels of maturity...

Marco
11-10-2012, 23:41
There was a 'fanny' involved, so I'd imagine 'natural'.

:lol:

Naughty! :lolsign:

Marco

the engine
12-10-2012, 08:17
It's simple....If your not willing to be a sycophant then don't join the wam !
either being there from the start or sucking ass is the only way to be accepted....neither of which I consider being of merit.:rolleyes:

synsei
12-10-2012, 08:23
Talking of sycophants as we were... http://images.zaazu.com/img/Simon-Cowell-simon-cowell-x-factor-smiley-emoticon-001156-facebook.gif

freefallrob
12-10-2012, 08:35
I've never had a problem on any forum, hifi or otherwise, but then no one probably reads anything I post, I'm okay with that.

It's a none issue for me, so far.....>looks over his shoulder<.

Pardon? Did you say something?

Dingdong
12-10-2012, 09:19
It's simple....If your not willing to be a sycophant then don't join the wam !
either being there from the start or sucking ass is the only way to be accepted....neither of which I consider being of merit.:rolleyes:

You were banned from the wam for trolling and being a general pain in the arse.
No idea why Gazjam got banned. Must have missed all that.
I quite like the wam. Good bunch of blokes when you get to know them. I've been to a few of the get togethers and always had fun.
It's not for everyone, but neither are any of the forums.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
12-10-2012, 09:21
You were banned from the wam for trolling and being a general pain in the arse.
No idea why Gazjam got banned. Must have missed all that.
I quite like the wam. Good bunch of blokes when you get to know them. I've been to a few of the get togethers and always had fun.
It's not for everyone, but neither are any of the forums.

Seeing as you're in the know. Any chance you could find out why I was banned from the Cyrusunofficial forum. I used to like it on there but got a lifetime ban. For nothing that I'm aware of. Cheers.

Audioman
12-10-2012, 15:01
Jas sounds a right tosser. The number of new threads and posts on VE (except 'what are you playing or bought') are minimal. I doubt there are many active members. This forum is a much more lively place in spite of it's smaller membership. As for people falling fowl of Wigwam I am perplexed that this could happen given that it is routinely swamped by juvenile banter. Reason why I have never joined.

Paul.

Marco
12-10-2012, 15:19
Guys, can we please keep this thread on just the right side of being constructive?

Some of the lastest posts have been more about slagging off your least favourite forum than discussing whether justice has been carried out, or otherwise, when a member of AoS has been banned elsewhere.

I'm only happy to allow this thread to run if posts made are in reference to the latter.

Cheers! :cool:

Marco.

Gazjam
14-10-2012, 11:22
wot he said.

I like the Wam too.
Good bunch of guys, been helpful in the past.

No idea why I was banned, the reason given made no sense.
I've never trolled in my life, especially not twice!..."trolling...again"
Just a mistake, it happens.

As the OP I'd prefer this thread NOT to become a slagging match of other forums?
There's always RD's forum for that.

Personally I believe each forum can exist independantly of each other and (ideally) with mutual respect.
Its only hifi ffs. :)

Dingdong
14-10-2012, 16:31
wot he said.

I like the Wam too.
Good bunch of guys, been helpful in the past.

No idea why I was banned, the reason given made no sense.
I've never trolled in my life, especially not twice!..."trolling...again"
Just a mistake, it happens.

As the OP I'd prefer this thread NOT to become a slagging match of other forums?
There's always RD's forum for that.

Personally I believe each forum can exist independantly of each other and (ideally) with mutual respect.
Its only hifi ffs. :)

I take it that you are un-banned now.

Gazjam
05-11-2012, 18:53
yeah.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
05-11-2012, 19:39
I'm still banned from the Cyrus forum.

jandl100
05-11-2012, 20:58

Maybe they object to sicko freaky yucky user names? .... or did you use a different one there, Harry? :eyebrows:

hifinutt
22-11-2012, 03:00

mmmm, they are quite good at unbanning people , what about contacting robert cyrus thru pfm

isuckedmandelsonslemons
22-11-2012, 07:08
Pfm?

MartinT
22-11-2012, 07:17
Pink Fish Media (http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/). It's another forum.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
22-11-2012, 08:42
Ah right. I'll see if I can get in touch. Thanks.

pidge22
13-05-2013, 21:20
After eight years on wigwam just been banned for "crapping on a dealers thread" purely because I put on midland audios thread about the new Devialet range and asked why was there on the new 170 model a £600 price difference between the quoted price for the UK and the European price stated on the Devialet website...the fact I was banned tells you everything...better get me Ryan air tickets booked for a trip to France then!

julesd68
17-05-2013, 19:02
Paul - just read this and looked at the Wigwam thread - MAX have just posted today - 'stop press prices recalculated'.

Seems the price difference is now just over 200 quid.

Have they re-instated you?

pidge22
17-05-2013, 19:06
Paul - just read this and looked at the Wigwam thread - MAX have just posted today - 'stop press prices recalculated'.

Seems the price difference is now just over 200 quid.

Have they re-instated you?

Thats good on the pricing front...I am still banned & a condemned man though!