PDA

View Full Version : stereo valve power amp (WHY?)

falcoron
04-10-2012, 19:14
Cant drag away from valves, addiction is too great.:mental:
so! i may be selling my Hyperion monos, really need to get some room on my rack, so a stereo valve amp will do me.
What have you got Max £1300,
something nice to look at and not high powered, driving 105db drivers!
SE would be good, must be mint well cared for.

Have been offered a pair of Ladyday sig power amps with sophia mech plate valves which look great and read well on all the reviews but wont solve the rack issue! :rolleyes:

Give me your recommendations too if you feel the need

I will want very detailed photos so if you have something PM me for my email address please.

ART, AUDION, AUDIONOTE et all would be good

So whats out there?

falcoron
05-10-2012, 09:23
cant give money away, nothing out there?

Clive
05-10-2012, 10:38
Ron, what is the issue with the rack? 2 LDs side-by-side will be about the same footprint as a stereo valve amp so I'm not convinced this is the answer.

Ali Tait
05-10-2012, 12:14
You could ask Nick to build you something bespoke. That way you can have what you want and it could be made to fit your rack.

falcoron
05-10-2012, 12:41
Ron, what is the issue with the rack? 2 LDs side-by-side will be about the same footprint as a stereo valve amp so I'm not convinced this is the answer.

The hyperions take up a shelf each, a stereo or 2 smaller monos will take up 1
Not the only reason for the change, i have a possible buyer for the hyperions and i like to change from time to time. Love the hyperions and how they sound and look, but as i say i like to evole the system. been very lucky so far and not bought anything dud or bad sounding. May have a go with an Audion stereo power amp, always liked them whenever i got a listen and like the simple design.

falcoron
05-10-2012, 12:46
You could ask Nick to build you something bespoke. That way you can have what you want and it could be made to fit your rack.

Do you mean Nick Lucas? if so was talking to him about his glasshouse amps but no longer sold by him. Audio note working out too expensive.

My not change at all and am happy to keep the Hyperions but i'll see whats available for now but nothing much about so far

Ali Tait
05-10-2012, 13:20
No, Nick Gorham (Lurcher) I could ask for you if you like.

falcoron
05-10-2012, 15:34
No, Nick Gorham (Lurcher) I could ask for you if you like.

Oh sorry thought you meant Mr Lucas, leave it for now Ali i want to explore a few options first, as i say im in no rush to sell i love the amps i have and may keep. just fancied a change, been listening all day and love these so keep changing me friggin mind :doh:

falcoron
06-10-2012, 11:48
well i know im very indecisive but ive had my mind made up for me today, Wifes 06 Mondeo has shite the duel mass flywheel so £500 fix!

Did i mention im really happy with my system.........no change here oh no sireee :)