PDA

View Full Version : New Member From Lancashire Saying Hello

Ledbomb
04-10-2012, 01:19
Hi everyone,

I'm Paul and have just found the site from a link posted on Wigwam, which I have also only just joined in the last couple of days. I have been toying with the idea of replacing/upgrading my speakers and whilst searching the net I found Wigwam and arrived here as described above.

Obviously I am a big music fan otherwise I wouldn't be here. My musical tastes are varied, ranging from 1930's blues music through 60's & 70's rock, pop and folk to any quality modern era stuff.

My system comprises of Michell Orbe deck, SME Series V arm, Ortofon MC5000 cartridge, Trichord Delphini phono stage, JS Audio upgraded Musical Fidelity KW500 Dual Mono Integrated amp, B&W CM2 Concept 90 speakers (owned for the past 24 + years) plus JS Audio upgraded Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 Dac which is fed from a home-built music server. I did own a Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista SACD player until it developed a fault which proved to be irreparable.

John
04-10-2012, 05:09
Hi Paul
Welcome to AOS
Please feel free to post questions about speakers, lots of great choices
My biggest advice is to hear the speakers at your home if you can, your room has a big influence on how they will sound

Alex_UK
04-10-2012, 06:03
Hi Paul, welcome from me too - enjoy the forum. :)

The Grand Wazoo
04-10-2012, 07:46
Hi Paul,
Here's a warm welcome to AoS from me (who's presumably not too far away from you). It's nice that you've found us. It sounds like your taste in music is fairly similar to mine too - pre-war blues is rather an acquired taste for some!
An old school friend who later worked for B&W used CM1/2 Concept 90 speakers which I know sounded great.
Welcome once again.

Bluedroog
04-10-2012, 10:29
Welcome. I was in your neck of the woods for a wedding a couple of weeks ago at the Ashton memorial in Lancaster actually, and very nice it was too.