PDA

View Full Version : It's official, Hamilton takes Mercedes seat for 2013

Tim
28-09-2012, 13:06
Eddie Jordan was right and Lewis has signed a deal with Mercedes. I think this could be a great move for him and for F1. Perhaps he will get rid of that huge chip on his shoulder now under the tutelage of Ross Brawn, who I greatly admire. Lewis is a born racer and needs to focus on that, instead of acting like a spoilt pop star IMHO. Get rid of that darn millstone round your neck as well laddie (Scherzinger) and lets see what you can really do ;)
I would love to see him in a list of modern greats alongside Senna, Schuey, Prost, Lauda, Gilles Villeneuve, Piquet etc, etc.

McLaren should have pots of spare money now that they can invest in the car, which should be good. Button can now do what he does best and Sergio gets a proper seat - exciting times. Watch the F1 shuffle now as the scramble for seats begins.
That's going to be a pretty sorted team there too with Button and Pérez I reckon - should be a lot less handbag fights with too mature racers in the line-up.

:sofa:

Suggestion: Should we have an AoS F1 season thread like the football one for 2013? There are a lot of separate posts that pop up relating to F1, would be nice to have them all in one place next season maybe?

Audio Al
28-09-2012, 13:10
Should we have an AoS F1 season thread

What like " The Art of F1 "

Brumm Brumm :D

Tim
28-09-2012, 13:14
:lol:

RobbieGong
28-09-2012, 14:33
Yep! Very interesting F1 times ahead. I like Hamilton a lot, he's British, young, from humble back ground and a born racer, never a dull moment as he just wants to race and tear past everything and win. That said, I kinda feel for Mclaren in so much as they are a good team and deep down would have prefered to keep this young talent.