PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Denmark

Nonnegativ
28-09-2012, 10:02
Hi !

This forum and its members/ posts has been an inspiration for me for a while, so I guess its time to introduce myself and my gear.

Well... Bought an old farm recently, so a lot of my sparetime goes into rebuilding/ modernizing the place. I hope to be finished in 15-20 years - which will be about the same time as my retirement (at 60 years) from my current work.

When I finally have some time for music listening it`s 99 % analog on the following gear:

Pre: Tram MK. II (Not working at the moment - I will have to replace the PSU-board).
Amp: Pass Aleph 0s. Wonderful "airy" Class A sound from this Classic.
Riaa: Tubeguru ECC808 & DACT CT100/CT102. Will have to do a decision on which to keep when the Pre is working. Currently the Tubeguru is working as my Pre/ Riaa.
Speakers: Harbeth SHL5. Everlasting love...
Turntable 1: Garrard 401 with Terminator T3Pro tonearm & Benz Ruby Pickup.
Turntable 2: Pink Triangle Original with Helius Orion tonearm & Ortofon Rondo Bronze Pickup.
CD: Jungson Moon Harbour
Cables: Old Audio Note Japan and Audience Au24 for speakers.

I also spend some time on Discogs http://www.discogs.com/user/Nonnegativ and can only recommend using discogs as a database of ones music-collection.

Well.. Enough "talk" - I am looking forward to may hours of interesting reading in here.

Best Wishes

Carsten

John
28-09-2012, 10:04
Hi Carsten
Some nice gear
Be great to see some pictures of you gear
What music do you enjoy
John

Nonnegativ
28-09-2012, 10:38
Hi John !

Well - my Musictaste can be seen from my collection:

http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=Nonnegativ

Being 46 means I am grown out of being "Fan-material" (besides of Michael Laudrup, of course..) but Musicians currently of special interest is:

Brian Eno: He can make anything sound great...
Airbag: Norvegian upcoming band which resemples Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree etc.
Steven Wilson and his projects: No-Man and Porcupine Tree: Steven is in my opinion the successor of Roger Waters and his musical development is quite interesting.

Best Wishes

Carsten

MartinT
28-09-2012, 10:38
Hello Carsten and welcome to AoS. I approve of the Pass amp, great design :)

Tim
28-09-2012, 10:45
Hi Carsten, a warm welcome from me too . . . SHL5's . . . I know what you mean about an everlasting love ;)

I also agree wholeheartedly regarding Steven Wilson, I admire him more than any other single individual in the music industry today. He's a genius and his work ethic and attention to detail is unmatched these days IMO. Even if you don't like his music, you have to respect what he has achieved.

Spectral Morn
28-09-2012, 10:51
Welcome to AOS

Alex_UK
29-09-2012, 19:37
Hi Carsten - welcome from me too. One of your country's "exports" is one of my favourite singers - Tina Dickow. :) You have a 401 and SHL5s... :respect:

Hope you enjoy AoS.

Riislingen
01-10-2012, 21:25
Another Dane - brilliant !

Welcome to the forum.

Love the equipment, very familiar.

Harbeth, Pass, Garrard, tubes...mmmmmm :eyebrows: