PDA

View Full Version : Hi

cougarboy
24-09-2012, 12:29
Hi All,

Just joined the forum after a couple of months of browsing around. I'm a long standing hi-fi and music addict (as it seems most of you are too! :) ) with a nice home system comprising Electrocompaniet amplification (EC4.7 pre with AW120 mono-blocks) driving a set of Final 6.0 electrostatics. Front end is a mix of analogue (PT Too with Zeta and Sumiko Blue) and digital Sony 333ES SACD player.

Pretty happy with all that, but I've been slowly coming around to the idea of digital streaming since I got Spotify on my smart phone and PC. Pretty impressed with the accessibility of HUGE music libraries via this streaming medium, so hence my starting to look around for a reasonable DAC to connect to my PC/ipad to connect spotify through my hi-fi.

I'm intrigued by the reputation of the Beresford products so I look forward to chatting more about this gear and probably purchasing the Bushmaster soon!

The Grand Wazoo
24-09-2012, 22:08
Hi Tom,
Welcome to AoS.
I've a Zeta too & doubt I'd ever get rid of it. Spotify is great isn't it? I use it to find new stuff to listen to, so not a serious source, but you're right the size of the resource is incredible.
So which Jackson do you live in? I went to the one in Wyoming a few years - didn't stay long though!

Cheers & welcome once again.

cougarboy
25-09-2012, 12:18
Hi Tom,
Welcome to AoS.
I've a Zeta too & doubt I'd ever get rid of it. Spotify is great isn't it? I use it to find new stuff to listen to, so not a serious source, but you're right the size of the resource is incredible.
So which Jackson do you live in? I went to the one in Wyoming a few years - didn't stay long though!

Cheers & welcome once again.

Hi, and thanks for the welcome. One of the things that amazes me about Spotify is that I've found music that I thought had long gone out of pressing (in vinyl or CD), so it's been fabulous to revisit lots of great music that I would have otherwise forgotten or not found copies of. Very impressed overall!

As for my location, it looks as though I haven't set my profile up! I'm from the UK, but my surname is Jackson, so perhaps one of my forebears helped set up one of those Wyoming communities :) I'm based near York in England.

Thanks again for the very warm welcome!