PDA

View Full Version : FS: Exposure 2010S2 integrated amplifier

Martinh
23-09-2012, 10:44
Hi all,

Here is my mint condition Exposure 2010 S2 integrated amplifier for sale.

It's about 8 or 9 months old and sounds superb. The build quality is very high indeed.

Comes complete with remote control, mains lead and original packaging.

These cost £850 new, I'm asking for £650 ono.

Postage at cost or collection from Fleet, Hampshire.

Cheers,

Martin

Reviews here: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/audio-systems/exposure-2010s2-935729/review

http://www.chelsea-bathrooms.co.uk/Amp1.jpg
http://www.chelsea-bathrooms.co.uk/Amp2.jpg
http://www.chelsea-bathrooms.co.uk/Amp3.jpg
http://www.chelsea-bathrooms.co.uk/Amp4.jpg

Tim
23-09-2012, 11:11
Nice amps those Martin, understated elegance and good performers too - good luck with the sale, a great buy for someone :)

Yomanze
23-09-2012, 22:16
Nice amp better than the Nait 5i. I used a 2010S for years cost a lot for me to replace it!

Martinh
24-09-2012, 07:01
Thanks chaps, it is a great amplifier indeed.

cheers,

Martinh
04-01-2013, 19:22
Now reduced to £490 ono inc UK P+P for a quick sale.

cheers,

Additional photo:

http://www.chelsea-bathrooms.co.uk/Amp5.jpg

Gromit
04-01-2013, 20:01
I hear really, really good things about the S2 - and for this price it's going to be a cracker for someone. If my Sony amp hadn't decided to start working perfectly again I'd have been extremely tempted by this. :)

southall-1998
05-01-2013, 00:14
Like the ''Farlowe'' Exposure amps....Does this one work best with Exposure Speaker Cable?

Fulci
05-01-2013, 00:51
I'm getting tempted. Can you dispatch to Portugal?

Martinh
05-01-2013, 12:20
Hi Pedro,

I'll get a quote for the P+P for you.

Fulci
05-01-2013, 13:04
It should be around £25 with a courier service like Parcel2Go. If you don't sell it within a couple of weeks, I'll contact you. Thanks!

Yomanze
06-01-2013, 09:12
Like the ''Farlowe'' Exposure amps....Does this one work best with Exposure Speaker Cable?

They work best with low capacitance speaker cable, so Exposure speaker cable would be fine. NVA cable was my choice a great open window on the highs.

Gromit
06-01-2013, 10:25

Unlike the older JF gear, there are no special requirements regarding low-cap speaker cable for the latest Exposure stuff. Saying that I'd just use something like Talk 3 as it's good, honest cheap cable.

As Neil says, NVA would work really well - as I've found it does on pretty much anything. The only amps I've found the cable doesn't work well with is old (Olive) Naim.

southall-1998
06-01-2013, 10:56
Unlike the older JF gear, there are no special requirements regarding low-cap speaker cable for the latest Exposure stuff. Saying that I'd just use something like Talk 3 as it's good, honest cheap cable.

As Neil says, NVA would work really well - as I've found it does on pretty much anything. The only amps I've found the cable doesn't work well with is old (Olive) Naim.

Which NVA Speaker cable did you use with the JF Exposure ''Integrated'' amps?

Cheers Gromit.

Gromit
06-01-2013, 11:03
Which NVA Speaker cable did you use with the JF Exposure ''Integrated'' amps?

Cheers Gromit.

None - didn't have any NVA stuff at all when I had the Exposure integrateds. Really think you need to start a new thread here Shane, we're treading on Martin's classified ad. :)

southall-1998
06-01-2013, 11:05
Sorry Martin!

Best of Luck with the sale.

Martinh
07-01-2013, 17:44
Thanks chaps,

Martinh
09-01-2013, 19:03
Now sold - thanks Jim :)

Ice
01-02-2013, 17:29
hi is your exposure amp actually sold now?

Cheers

Stu

Martinh
01-02-2013, 19:34
Hi Stu,

Yes, it's gone I'm afraid. It was a good amp, but I think the Brio-R is a better match for my system.

Good luck with your search,

Ice
01-02-2013, 20:23
Hi martin,

Thanks for the reply. I see you have changed all your set up now haven't you? Are you using the sonos Soley as your streamer now, no CD player etc?
I did the Same and bought the sonos zp90 a couple weeks back to give me an extra zone in my bedroom. The play 5 sounds great up there. However in my lounge I want to tweak things. Currently using the original rega Mira amp. The sound is ok. I bought a dacmagic and put it in the system but I actually prefered te sound from the sonos built in dac over the dacmagic in my system.
The sound still isn't blended quite right. I was wondering if the rega dac makes a lot of difference? And would I gain more from adding a rega dac or going for the brio r as an upgrade to my setup? What do you think?
Have tried your set up with the brio r and sonos without the raga dac? Does it make a lot of difference?
I really like rega stuff but that exposure 2010s seems to get such high ratings from every one and said to be superior?

Regards

Stu.

twotone
01-02-2013, 21:13
There's a Brio-R for sale on pinkfish.

I don't know the seller.

Martinh
01-02-2013, 22:02
Hi martin,

Thanks for the reply. I see you have changed all your set up now haven't you? Are you using the sonos Soley as your streamer now, no CD player etc?
I did the Same and bought the sonos zp90 a couple weeks back to give me an extra zone in my bedroom. The play 5 sounds great up there. However in my lounge I want to tweak things. Currently using the original rega Mira amp. The sound is ok. I bought a dacmagic and put it in the system but I actually prefered te sound from the sonos built in dac over the dacmagic in my system.
The sound still isn't blended quite right. I was wondering if the rega dac makes a lot of difference? And would I gain more from adding a rega dac or going for the brio r as an upgrade to my setup? What do you think?
Have tried your set up with the brio r and sonos without the raga dac? Does it make a lot of difference?
I really like rega stuff but that exposure 2010s seems to get such high ratings from every one and said to be superior?

Regards

Stu.

Hi Stu,

Yes, I'm using the Sonos as my only source, with FLACs on a NAS, Spotify premium and Internet radio. Gives me everything i could ask for :)

The analogue output from the Sonos is good, but there's a noticeable difference when you add the Rega DAC. sound has more body, is more dynamic and less laid back. I'd definitely consider the Brio-R/Rega DAC combo as a winner for the money. I bought my pair second hand for about £650 all in.

The brio and dac give quite a weighty sound and are a good match for bright, forward sounding speakers, such as my Neats. Also a great match for Rega speakers, which may be my next upgrade.

You really need to get a brio and dac on loan or take a punt on secondhand ones to try. Not familiar with your speakers, but your results will be different to mine.

Hope this helps,

Ice
02-02-2013, 04:36
Thanks for the advice and feed back martin.
My speakers are b and w dm 603's they were a £1000 new. Few years old but I am sure ae capable of amazing sound if I can get them powered right and the a clear input source.
I am on a tight budget at the mo. the Mira has more than enough power for the speakers. Not sure which will give me the most performance upgrade between te amp or the dac. Think I will get the dac first and see how it sounds then look at the brio later on. I think the Mira had good reviews when it was new but it is a good few years old now.

Cheers

Stu.

Martinh
02-02-2013, 06:09
Hi Stu,

There are a few people on the forum who probably know your speakers and amp well and will be able to advise you of a good match. I'd say that the biggest change will be by changing your speaker/amp combo, changes to the dac will be smaller.

Why don't you start a new thread and see what response you get?

Ice
02-02-2013, 06:32
Will do mate. Thanks.