PDA

View Full Version : North East Bake Off. Venue needed.

Floyddroid
22-09-2012, 19:05
Hi chaps.

as some of you may recall myself and esteemed AOS colleagues from the North East are interested in holding one of the first North East Bake Off's. I am sure there will be some interest here???? Does anyone have any ideas for a venue for said event? Post or PM me with sensible suggestions.

Be great to meet up, get nerdy and have a drink and a laugh or two. let me know what you think.:cool:

YNWaN
22-09-2012, 22:29
Well, they are usually held at someone's house - like one of you guys who are interested in holding it....

Floyddroid
23-09-2012, 09:45
Right. Now i know. I have never been to one you see?

Sand Dancin Donkey Walker
23-09-2012, 14:19
Hi Guys

A venue needed, well at a push I may consider holding the NEBF.
Though with the shifts I work, my weekends off will not come back round until the Middle to end of November. A max of 5 or 6 AoS members though.
Just keep this in mind and see what anyone else comes up with.

Andy - SDDW

RichB
23-09-2012, 21:33
Hello chaps, I could comfortably host about a half dozen members at mine and will even cook something spicy for us...

If there were any more than that we might need a bigger venue, I appreciate Gateshead may be a bit of a schlep for the teessiders but perhaps if there was a designated driver then some could have a few beers:cool:

It would also depend on what gear we wanted to hear as I'd struggle to get 6 systems in my living room:lol:

Might be early Nov before I could host as I've got my hols coming up. I'd also be interested to know what gear people wanted to bring so I can make sure we have enough space and plugs etc.

We could also go the other way and book an medium sized room in a social club or pub where we could set up the systems and perhaps everyone contributes a couple of quid to cover the costs. We could also invite other pals as long as they chip in. It would be amazing for each man to have an hour to set up his gear, tell us a bit about it and play the music of his choice. Then if people wanted to chat they could do that whilst the next guy sets up. Thoughts and comments please.

Floyddroid
24-09-2012, 22:06
Sounds good to me. i'm in! Just tell me how it works.

DaveK
24-09-2012, 22:39
I will not be attending as I am based in Sheffield but I have attended a small no of such 'get-togethers' in this area and my experience is that 1 hour is far too long for each session - 15 mins is more like it for any one set up. It would then give time for those that wanted to swap one or two or more bits of kit and have a second or third go.
No matter how good the kit, the SQ in a new room cannot be relied on to keep people with a wide range in musical tastes and preferred 'colouration' interested for much more than 15 mins.
Just my opinion :)
Dave.