PDA

View Full Version : Pitch "wobble" problem with 1210 pitch fader?

nickbaba
20-09-2012, 21:58
I have an un-modded 1210 mkii which I bought from new about 2 years ago.
Recently I have noticed that if I push the pitch fader more than 10% or so in either direction, it seems to introduce a slight Doppler effect or slow rise-&-fall wobble to the pitch, as if the speed is not constant.
It's quite subtle but it's definitely there.
With the pitch fader in the centre position there is no problem.
Is this a common problem? Can anyone tell me what might be causing it, and more importantly, what I need to do to fix it?
BTW I don't want to disable the pitch fader entirely as I find it a useful function.
Thanks.

PLINIUS
21-09-2012, 09:03
I have an un-modded 1210 mkii which I bought from new about 2 years ago.
Recently I have noticed that if I push the pitch fader more than 10% or so in either direction, it seems to introduce a slight Doppler effect or slow rise-&-fall wobble to the pitch, as if the speed is not constant.
It's quite subtle but it's definitely there.
With the pitch fader in the centre position there is no problem.
Is this a common problem? Can anyone tell me what might be causing it, and more importantly, what I need to do to fix it?
BTW I don't want to disable the pitch fader entirely as I find it a useful function.
Thanks.
Something to check first, get a can of electrical contact cleaner & spray a little along the slide. Work the pitch control fully back & forward several times with the t/t off. Pop a record on & check function.

kininigin
21-09-2012, 10:16
If you have taken the platter off or maybe the bearing,double check that they are both in the correct positions.I had a similiar thing happen (not with the pitch mind!) and checking the platter and bearing again corrected the pitch instability.

nickbaba
21-09-2012, 16:27
Thanks - will check both those things. Glad to hear it should be an easy fix (shouldn't speak too soon!).
Cheers.

PLINIUS
22-09-2012, 07:21
Thanks - will check both those things. Glad to hear it should be an easy fix (shouldn't speak too soon!).
Cheers.
Nick, most times it is just dirt on the slide rail & is not uncommon.