PDA

View Full Version : Hellooooooooooo!

bilbobaggins1958
20-09-2012, 17:10
Hellooooo, Bill from Ramsbottom, Lancashire but originally from Newcastle on Tyne. Found this site because of the Beresford Bushman DAC, so thought I'd join the fun :lol: I've been music daft most of my life (a young fifty summat) and interested in all things hi fi but never been able to afford/justify silly ammounts of money, so most of my systems have come together by chance, rather than following anyone's doctrine (Naim/Linn springs to mind :lol:) My current systems are as follows:

System 1 - Denon 2900 for SACD/DVD-A duties, Pioneer PD 9700 feeding Beresford Bushman DAC going into a Myryad MA 120/MI 120 bi-amp setup, driving Tannoy Eyris 2 floorstanders. Also going into the beresford are an ipod classic 160GB via a Onkyo ND-S1 using lossless format, and a BT vision box for radio duties. Finally, a Technics SL-QL1 auto DD turntable for nostalgic reasons, and the fact that my other half is scared witless of normal turntables!

System 2 - PC going into a Aune USB dac, Harman Kardon DPR 2005 (vastly underated AV amp but no HDMI), driving vintage and superb Infinity Modulus speakers on their own heavily engineered stands.

System 3 - AV setup - Pioneer VSX-LX50 receiver, Pioneer DV-LX50 DVD player, Samsung BD-C5900 Blu Ray player, BT Vision box, Tannoy MX surround speakers.

System 4 - Pure i-20 ipod dock,Denon AH 300 driving some small Denon speakers.

Jeeez, didn't realize I had so much kit till I started listing it! Mind you, it's a big house so thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it :ner:

The Grand Wazoo
20-09-2012, 17:16
Hi Bill,
Welcome to AoS.
What sort of music do you like to listen to?

bilbobaggins1958
20-09-2012, 17:36
OOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo! Good question - everything. Grew up listening to the likes of Sabbath, Purple, Zeppelin, all things rock, along with the progrock stuff, especially Genesis in the Gabriel era. I didn't get me hair cut until I was 21, that should give you some idea - ha! But, over the years, I have come to appreciate music simply as music, not as a social identifying exercise, and my collection goes from rock to classical, indie/folk to swing, R & B (the proper R & B like SRV, not the pop tosh of today) to electronic. I treat my collection like a huge larder for a huge fat bloke - there to be dipped into with greed, choice and satisfaction! :lol:

Wakefield Turntables
20-09-2012, 18:49
You have a stack of stuff! I've just started downsizing mine! Welcome to AOS

bilbobaggins1958
21-09-2012, 08:40
Thanks for the welcome chaps. I took receipt of the Beresford Bushman earlier this week and have had it set up for a few days now with music playing constantly. Have to say I am mightily impressed with the sound quality. I replaced a Musical Fidelity X Dac with this and have absolutely no regrets, that's for certain. I'll knock up a review of sorts within the next week or so, but so far so good.