PDA

View Full Version : A learning curve awaits

Photochromatic
08-02-2009, 12:21
Hi from Auckland, New Zealand.

I got here chasing information about Stan Beresford's 7510 DAC.
Largely on the strength of what I have read here, I have ordered and am now waiting for a new 7520. (Taps impatiently...!)

My main use for it will be to drive some headphones so I can listen while on my Mac (currently ATH-M50s and HD555s).
The next step will be to find a decent small amp and speakers to complete a desktop system - currently considering a Trends TA-10.1 Amp and some Q-Acoustics 1010i or 1020i speakers. Dunno yet.

Next I think I need to retire the Bose 5 system in my living room - currently fed by both a Squeezebox 2 and an AppleTV. Lots to do there, including another DAC, of course.

This audio bug seems to be escalating. My wife is horrified - she bought me the Bose years ago to stop me buying "speakers which look like naff furniture and take up half the living room".

All my music is now digital format, mainly lossless. I'm pretty good at the digital end of things - it's all the analogue stuff I need to learn about...

Still, at the end of the day it is the music which counts. I'm listening to Christine Perfect sing "I'd Rather Go Blind", ripped from an *old* LP with crackles and pops, as I type this, and it's going to get a repeat spin regardless!

Marco
08-02-2009, 17:07
Hi there and welcome to AOS :)

It's always good to see another Beresford fan join as such products epitomise what our forum is about.

What's your first name? :smoking:

Marco.

Spectral Morn
08-02-2009, 17:29
HI Photochromatic

Welcome to AOS.

regards D S D L---Neil:)

Beechwoods
08-02-2009, 18:28
Howdy PhotoC... There seem to be a few new members from NZ recently. Nice to have you join us :)

Mike
08-02-2009, 18:36
Indeedy...

Welcome!

anthonyTD
08-02-2009, 18:56
Indeedy...

Welcome!

i second that.:)
anthony,TD...

Photochromatic
09-02-2009, 04:27
Hi there and welcome to AOS :)

What's your first name? :smoking:

Marco.

Erm... sorry. I'm Richard.

Marco
10-02-2009, 07:30
Hi Richard,

Please add your name to your signature on your profile so people know who to address during discussions. Enjoy the forum :)

Marco.

Filterlab
12-02-2009, 13:31
Hello and welcome to The Art of Sound!