PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Idlewithnodrive
18-09-2012, 11:01
Hi everybody,

I'm obviously new to this site but a veteran on a few others.

So, a bit about me -

I'm definitely of the 'kit for the music' as opposed to 'music for the kit' doctrine, so with that in mind, music first, I listen to all genres, with my faves being Electronicca, Indie, Rock (any/all types from Cowboy Junkies to Cradle of Filth), Prog etc just not particularly Classical or Jazz, though give it a few more years and I'm sure i'll end up there :)

Kit is also varied but at the moment I am enjoying a slate plinthed heavy platter Lenco idler (hence the user name), through a WAD6550 integrated, with all the WAD forum mods, running in triode making very pleasant noises through Snell K's.
Digital is either a Rega Apollo CDP or an SBT and is used a lot less than the vinyl is.

Enjoy music banter, kit discussions, politics, world affairs, in fact pretty much the same things that most of the folk here will enjoy about a lively forum.

Can't wait to get stuck in, meet some people, make some friends and trading wisdom/views with like minded audiofools.

Cheers folks :cool:

AlfaGTV
18-09-2012, 15:35
Welcome to the AoS Mike!

From another Mike! ;)

Idlewithnodrive
18-09-2012, 15:56
Thanks Mike

Mike

The Grand Wazoo
18-09-2012, 19:34
Hi Mike & welcome.
There are one or two Lenco owners here and many who like to squeeze their boxes too!
Enjoy the forum.
Cheers

Idlewithnodrive
19-09-2012, 07:38
Mornin' Chris.

Thanks for the welcome. I've only had the Lenco a couple of weeks; a very surprising TT indeed :)

The Grand Wazoo
19-09-2012, 07:42
Yes, I'm currently messing around with a G99, which is great fun.

Idlewithnodrive
19-09-2012, 08:30
which is great fun.

This is exactly it.

and, it sounds better than my fruitbox did and is as easy to use as my Tecchie.

Easy to set up / modify and a joy to listen to. Happy days :)

The G99 is a great TT by the way.