PDA

View Full Version : 2 Amps - 1 Pair of speakers ?

Terry
07-02-2009, 20:23
Can anyone please advise me if there is some kind of switch to enable me to run one pairs of speakers from two separate amps ? Or any advice to do a DIY jobbie !! All this just to keep SHMBO happy !!

Thanks

Terry

The Grand Wazoo
08-02-2009, 00:36
..........errrm.

Why on earth would you want to do that?

Unless she wants you to bi-amp - but that is not a normal request from a spouse(!) If she does, then give her a big sloppy snog & go & get you some amps, my son!! I would suggest a couple of old (wife endorsed) Mark Levinsons like I use - sheer magic.

Somehow though, I get the feeling this is not what she's driving at.

Could you explain a little more please?

Terry
08-02-2009, 11:17
..........errrm.

Why on earth would you want to do that?

Unless she wants you to bi-amp - but that is not a normal request from a spouse(!) If she does, then give her a big sloppy snog & go & get you some amps, my son!! I would suggest a couple of old (wife endorsed) Mark Levinsons like I use - sheer magic.

Somehow though, I get the feeling this is not what she's driving at.

Could you explain a little more please?

Thanks for your witty reply !!
But unfortunatly you are right (no permission from the wife to go get some new amps !!) , this is the situation, i have two amps in the same room one is a valve amp to play my turntable etc and the other is a home cinema amp.
Now to try and keep the wife happy i want to use the pair of speakers that are run by the valve amp also as rear speakers for the home cinema amp but i will need to be able to switch the speakers from one amp to the other.

Thanks again !!!

StanleyB
08-02-2009, 11:57
If you can hang on for a few weeks, you might be able to test out a high quality one I have designed. I have had a lot of people ask me for this item, or where they can find one that's made out of quality parts. I just need to find a DPDT switch that can handle heavy loads.

Stan

Terry
08-02-2009, 13:29
If you can hang on for a few weeks, you might be able to test out a high quality one I have designed. I have had a lot of people ask me for this item, or where they can find one that's made out of quality parts. I just need to find a DPDT switch that can handle heavy loads.

Stan

Hi Stan

Thank you for this, can you please keep me informed !!
You could PM any info on the unit if you want.