PDA

View Full Version : newbie

kinega
15-09-2012, 19:18
Hi everyone, have been lurking here for a couple of months now absorbing various bits of info.
Have recently got myself a squeezebox touch & I am loving having access to all my music simply.
Rest of my setup is an Arcam A75 amp, Monitor Audio RS6 speakers, Arcam CD72 (now redundant), Pure DAB tuner (redundant). Control the squeezebox via iPeng on iPhone or iPad.
Bought a small Revo nettop PC to serve the music up & it all works great.
Currently buying loads of CD's off eBay & ripping them.

Reid Malenfant
15-09-2012, 19:41
Hi Neil, a warm welcome to AoS :) You aren't the only one who has recently discovered the joys of streaming audio, I'm a bit of a convert myself to :eyebrows:

I can't say I have ripped a single CD yet though, I just download new stuff via netlable sites, though there is a hell of a lot of the genre of music I like which is totally free on FLAC files :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here, pleased to see you took the next step & said hello :cool:

All the best!

AlfaGTV
16-09-2012, 08:54
Greetings Kinega!

I have owned very similar kit! Still fondly remembered! I'm still not part of the SB fan club though... :eyebrows:

http://www.minhembio.com/alfagtv/103880/

Regards /Mike

Alex_UK
16-09-2012, 08:55
Hi Neil, welcome to the forum from me too, hope you enjoy AoS. :)

RichB
17-09-2012, 20:44
hello and welcome Neil...

I'm also an ebay CD hound and known for having several hundred bids in for a quid at any particular time. I win about 10-15% of them so theres always something new popping thru the letterbox which i rip to lossless.

the way i see it is better than 'stealing' music and helps me find new and interesting artists.