PDA

View Full Version : New member saying Hello...

nickbaba
15-09-2012, 15:17
Hello Art of Sounders...

My name is Nick, I'm based in London... I am a musician and was an electronic music producer and DJ, back in the 90s, up till about 10 yrs ago... then family life took over! Still work with music and production etc, but no longer gigging or travelling.
Getting into the hobby of working on my home audio system, tweaking, upgrading etc, - that's how I found my way here to AoS - learning a lot and having fun, most importantly enjoying the sweet sweet music!
Listen to a lot of 70s/80s dub and roots, 90s techno/acidhouse & general electronica, also acoustic, folk, some classic rock stuff and classical when the mood takes me.
As an ex-DJ I still have my 1210s, one of which I am using as my main listening deck and slowly upgrading ... just love them!
Current system - Technics 1210 mkII with Yannis Tome re-wire on stock arm and external cables, Dynavector DV20X MC cart, Herbie's Mat, Trichord Dino phono pre, Bryston BCD-1, Leema Elements DAC, Rodec MX-1400 DJ mixer, Yamaha PS2500 power amp, Monster XPMS speaker cable into Cerwin Vega XLS 12's.

MartinT
15-09-2012, 15:43
Hello Nick and welcome to AoS. How excellent to have 1210s from your working days, which you can now use in a more hi-fi manner :)

Reid Malenfant
15-09-2012, 17:22
Hi Nick, welcome to the forum from me as well :) I hope like myself you live in a detached house, with a bit of distance between you & the neighbours :lol:

I have no doubt that those Cerwin Vegas could make a hell of a lot of sound :eyebrows:

Hope you enjoy your stay here, all the best!

nickbaba
15-09-2012, 18:18
Thanks for the welcome guys... actually I live in a terraced house:roll eyes:
Lucky for my neighbours I hardly ever listen at high volume...but nice to know the CVs can go there if needed!

Alex_UK
16-09-2012, 08:51
Hi Nick, welcome to AoS from me too - hope you enjoy the forum. :)