PDA

View Full Version : Hello

twickers
13-09-2012, 11:15
Hi everyone

My system is a very basic set up comprising a marantz pm6010ose amp, sonybdplayer(cd player died a while ago), gale gold mk2 speakers on atacama stands and qed and cambridge audio wire. I'm also using russ andrews yello power cables along with my diy mains block.

My music tastes are usually metal/rock , also marillion and rush always feature somewhere on the playlist.

I am looking to buy a new cd player, but was wondering if a dac hooked up to the sony would be a good option.

cheers

RichB
13-09-2012, 12:34
Hello and welcome,

My tuppence worth... get a dac mate, some fantastic ones can be had for under £100-£200 and then you have the option of attaching set top boxes, games consoles, PC etc to it. The choice is vast.. I'm sure the rest of the guys will be along in a bit with their suggestions :lol:

synsei
13-09-2012, 12:44
Welcome aboard Paul. Top of the DAC pile at that price would probably be the Beresford Bushmaster ;)

twickers
13-09-2012, 18:27
Thanks for the replies.

I've been looking at the bushmaster thread and all the talk is very positive. I've arrived a bit late to the party so to speak, so using a blu-ray player as a transport is ok is it?

I was considering the teac dac at £150 but seems as though the bushmaster may be the one.

RichB
13-09-2012, 18:55
Some might disagree but I say why not, I use a cheap DVD player as a transport..... sounds good to me. Besides you can always pick up a better transport when time and funds permit.

PLINIUS
13-09-2012, 22:02
Hi Paul & welcome, a DAC is the only way to go, use your Bluray player with it in the mean-time. It makes more sense than a s/h C.D. player with unknown laser usage.
The DAC can be used with a variety of digital sources.