PDA

View Full Version : Geoff Owens

Geoff_Owens
11-09-2012, 14:40
Hello to one and all,

I am Geoff Owens and live near to Chepstow in Gwent. My name is my real name because I can see no point in disguising my identity.
My main passions are classical music, Opera and jazz.

I have what I call a basic stereo system comprised of an AVI S21 amplifier, ATC speakers, Boothroyd Stuart tuner and Escient Fireball Media Manager. Escient products are no longer manufactured so when mine blows up it will be replaced by a NAIM NDX media player. A NAS attachment is fairly imminent.

I have the immediate problem that I cannot control my system because the "One for All" remote that came witht the S21 amplifier mal-functions due to worn button contacts. I have a Logitech remote that I purchased to control the system but have so far failed to connect to the AVI amplifier because I do not know what codes it responds to. Logitech have never heard of an AVI amplifier.

Does anyone know what set of control codes an AVI amplifier responds?

Happy listening,

Geoff

Puffin
11-09-2012, 15:21
Hi Geoff,

My name is Puffin, because I puff all the way up the stairs.

Welcome.

Rob.

Audio Al
11-09-2012, 15:29
Hello and welcome

My name is Allen and I listen to Audio ( Audio Al ) :)

Have fun on the forum

DSJR
11-09-2012, 21:10
Hi Geoff. I wonder if we're very distantly related as "my lot" were Nth Wales Owens until the turn of the 20th Century, after which the "s" was abandoned for some reason :scratch:

The best person to answer the AVI question is their Martin Grindrod. To get to him, you'll have to go through Ashley and I hope he's able to answer you properly. The CD players used to use the Philips RC5 codes, but these aren't universal now and for all I know, the S2000 sources may well use totally different code to the final lab series, let alone the current speakers with inbuilt DACs and preamps. Good luck :)

RichB
12-09-2012, 08:46
Hello Geoff...

I'm Rich, but I'm not :lol:

Reid Malenfant
15-09-2012, 19:04
Hi Geoff, welcome to AoS from me to :) I do hope you get the remote control problem sorted...

& carrying on the tradition...

I'm Reid, because I do a lot of reiding, mainly sci fi in case you didn't know :eyebrows:

I hope you enjoy your stay one here, as you can see, we are all pretty nuts :D