PDA

View Full Version : Hi There!

grigua
09-09-2012, 14:53
Hello all!

I've discovered AoS searching some other hifi things and I like the relaxing atmosphere found here...

I'm from Genoa, northern Italy, and waste money in high fidelity gear since I was a kid. I prefer above all the sound of the british gears and my system is mainly based on this equipment...

My listenings concern basically on brit prog rock (Genesis, VdGG,Soft Machine, Family, Yes) some jazz (be-bop, acid, and fusion) and some classic (medieval and baroque). I've some other hobby , (photography, ham radio,computers, MMORPG playing) but actually discontinued (except MMORPG :) )

Ok that's all, thank you all and forgive me for my bad english... :rolleyes:

Ciao!

Roberto.

The Grand Wazoo
09-09-2012, 15:19
Hi Roberto,
Welcome to AoS.
So what does your system consist of?

Cheers

grigua
09-09-2012, 15:40
Hi Chris, nice to meet you!

Nothing specials, my equipment is rather old but still I like much :)

Linn Sondek LP12, Valhalla, Cirkus, RB300 arm, Ortofon Kontrapunkt a.

Exposure VIx2, VII & VIII

Musical Fidelity CDP with 6H23 on output stage (but Linn Karik MkIII coming soon).

Celestion Ditton 66

Rogers LS3/5A (15ohm)

Audioquest cables (signal), Museatex (power).

various: Pioneer TX7100 (tuner), Marantz SA7001 (sacd player), Musical Fidelity V-DAC (MkI).

Maybe there's some better equipment around, but need alot of money and not always you got a better sound, imho... :)

Alex_UK
15-09-2012, 19:55
Hi Roberto, and welcome to AoS from me too - hope you enjoy the forum. :)

Reid Malenfant
15-09-2012, 20:00
Hello from me to Roberto :) There are a few of us on here with Celestion Ditton 66, must admit mine are in a second system though, nice speakers :D

Like Alex, I hope you enjoy your stay on here, all the best!