PDA

View Full Version : Gilmour Meltdown

Floyddroid
08-09-2012, 20:48
I watched David Gilmour's appearence at Robert Wyatt's Meltdown concert this evening instead of the usual TV dross. I forgot just how good it was/is. I don't know whether it was the wine or my gentile disposition but some parts brought a tear to my eye. The power of music eh? Tremendous. No pyrotechnics or huge screens, no massive surround sound mix, just fabulous music. A total joy.:)

The Black Adder
09-09-2012, 08:40
Good choice... Anything to turn the telly off. Utter, utter dross recently. Best thing that's been on recently is The Sweeney and even then I have to channel hop when the adverts come on after 5 mins of program.

I watched Led Zed the other night, top stuff!

The Grand Wazoo
09-09-2012, 09:01
This thread is in the wrong place Steve. I've moved it to a more appropriate place.

Floyddroid
09-09-2012, 09:26
OK good sir. where should i put such comments for future ref.

Cheers

steve

Beechwoods
09-09-2012, 09:38
I was there :) It was a fantastic show. Playing the early Barrett stuff wasn't so hackneyed at the time, he'd not done it before. It was nice seeing him playing almost acoustic throughout the first part...

The Grand Wazoo
09-09-2012, 09:39
Well, I put this one into 'Musical Compositions' because it's essentially about music, but I suppose it could have fitted just as well into the 'AV Studio' and its 'Now Screening' thread.