PDA

View Full Version : bigbabytaylor

bigbabytaylor
06-09-2012, 16:52
Hi to all on this site

i have a marantz cd 10 thats upgraded and linn kolektor pre amp . two linn lk 140 power amps and ruark templar speakers im using k10 cable and audioquest ruby 3 interconnects .. its got great deep bass thats more often rythmic and tight treble needs a little boost on the preamp but is sweet..

i just wonder if i could get a lot more out of this with upgraded cable ,as k10 is linns entry level

im also looking into getting a good dac and usb out from my pc to play mp3 and flac rips in the future

i like blues folk prog rock and some mainstream pop santana is a fave and also neil young one all time fave produced album is Gryhon ..treason a FAB cd and record pressing .

Puffin
06-09-2012, 17:23
Hi big,

Not sure that swapping cables will do what you want. Others may disagree.

Welcome.

The Grand Wazoo
06-09-2012, 22:12
Hi David,
Welcome to AoS from me.
You should start a new thread in the appropriate section to get some help with your cable query. Also there will be no shortage of help from others when it comes time to get that PC connected to a suitable DAC.

Cheers

bigbabytaylor
12-09-2012, 19:56
thanks for responce do you or anyone have ideas on good sensitive speakers for use with linn kolektor and lk140 amps

Reid Malenfant
14-09-2012, 20:00
Hi David, welcome to the forum from me to :) If you are looking for good, sensitive speakers, then I doubt you'd go wrong with a pair of Tannoys, 12" or 15" drivers :D

I guess it depends on your musical tastes, Klipsch Heresy or others from their range or some decent JBL speakers might also suit.

In the end it's kind of horses for coarses whether it be sensitive speakers or not, musical tastes will have a profound impact on the kind of things you might end up with :cool:

I hope you enjoy your stay on here!