PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Newcastle!

Quicky82
05-09-2012, 10:11
Hi everyone,

I've lurked in various threads on this forum over the years so thought it was about time I joined!

My system consists of:
- A Wyred4Sound DAC2
- 2 ICEPower 125ASX2 based amps
- Factory-recommended BLH cabinets with Fostex fe206en drivers (and Planet10 phase plugs)
- A BK XLS200 subwoofer

This runs off a Macbook playing lossless CD rips.

I have a turntable too but I still need to get this set up!

I listen to all sorts of music, mainly alternative rock, folk and electronica. I also love old disco/funk/soul stuff and have a left-over love of house music from my clubbing days.

As many people on here will no doubt relate to, my system sounds great with some types of music, not so hot with others. I also spend increasing amounts of time these days annoyed at how loud and over-compressed a lot of the mastering is despite being great music! It's a love/hate thing.

Looking forward to getting involved in audio-related discussions about things that I would normally bore friends/family/girlfriend with!

The Grand Wazoo
05-09-2012, 17:59
Hi Adam,
Welcome to AoS from me.
Cheers

RichB
05-09-2012, 21:11
Welcome to AoS Adam from over the water in the Democratic People's Republic of Gateshead. Interesting system u have there mate, one of these days I'll get round to organizing a north east bake off and perhaps get to hear it. Did u build any of it yourself...

Wilbur
05-09-2012, 21:24
Welcome from me too,nice to see im not the only one from around these parts :)

isuckedmandelsonslemons
05-09-2012, 21:36
Hi Adam. I'm just down the road near British West Hartlepool

Quicky82
06-09-2012, 06:40
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome! Nice to see some lurcal lads on here :)

RichB: I'm originally from Gateshead; lived there most of my life. Only moved across the water a few years ago! And yeah, let me know about any local bake-offs.

I built the speakers up from a kit: That's about as far as my DIY skills go I'm afraid! Should have paid more attention in woodworking classes, I'd love to be able to build those big double-mouth horn cabinets.

Floyddroid
06-09-2012, 07:30
A massive welcome from a fellow North Easterner. Love the look of your sytem. I fully understand where you are coming from with regard to compression.

Floyddroid
06-09-2012, 07:31
hey harry, i am actually in British west Hartlepool.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
06-09-2012, 15:16
Hi Steve. I live at High Hesleden actually but I'm Hartlepool born and bred. See you work in NHS. Which hospital? My missus is some sort of health worker.

Floyddroid
07-09-2012, 18:57
North Tees mate.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
07-09-2012, 19:09
Ah, you'll definitely know my missus then. And probably my daughter.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
09-09-2012, 09:44
You got it yet?

jon1
09-09-2012, 12:38
Hi is this the teesside tread?.welcome adam from another member down the road:eyebrows:

jon