PDA

View Full Version : Howto get FREE! Modifications

friendly
04-09-2012, 15:03
This is so easy anyone can try this

Step one.

Go to Royal Mail website and book 'Special Delivery' I stress 'Special Delivery' the mod may not work without this.

Step two.

Sit back and wait for your parcel to arrive, (couldn't be easier).

The Tech's at Royal Mail will see your 'Special Delivery' item and spring into action.

They go to their special delivery closet and put on their Gorilla outfits, then they carry your parcel all the way up to the roof, no mean feat in that outfit in this heat but nothing is too much trouble for these ape's.

Can you guess what they do next?
You've got it

'They throw it off' :eek:

One Gorilla looks over to the other and says ' Did you see it bounce?' eh No. Oh well lets try it again and see what happens next time. :mental:

If you don't believe this story or think it may be exaggerated, look at the pictures below.

David did a great job of packaging this amp.

This was a cautionary tale

Barry
04-09-2012, 16:56
If it was sent 'Special Delivery', then it will have insurance cover of up to £500.

How well packed was it in the first place?

friendly
04-09-2012, 19:29
Hi Barry,

It was very well packed. David now has to go through hoops for compensation due to their atrocious service.

Reid Malenfant
04-09-2012, 19:36
If I'm right then you can purchase extra insurance with any special delivery item, that covers up to £2,500.

The standard cover is £500 as Barry mentioned.

I honestly can't believe the state of that amp, it really does look like it was dropped twice :doh:

Unbelievable :eek: Hope you get it sorted...

The Grand Wazoo
04-09-2012, 20:25
What a mess. It seems incredible that the valves survived through all that - makes me wonder if it was crushed rather than dropped?

northwest
04-09-2012, 20:26
If I'm right then you can purchase extra insurance with any special delivery item, that covers up to £2,500.

The standard cover is £500 as Barry mentioned.

I honestly can't believe the state of that amp, it really does look like it was dropped twice :doh:

Unbelievable :eek: Hope you get it sorted...

You are spot on - but you can also buy consequential loss insurance in addition for a very small fee. Very useful if you were posting someting, like airline tickets, that if they did not reach their festination in time you can be compensated for losses caused as a consequence of late delivery for instance.
Some Post Offices don't even know about this service so it has to be explained and then they find it in the "menu" when they read their own instructions.