View Full Version : hello from london

flamez
04-09-2012, 09:54
Hi

I'm joining here to learn more about home audio coming from a car sound quality background, I've started getting more into home sound quality.

Have mostly preferred dynaudio, morel, seas and scanspeak drivers incar. I have audience 62 and nad c370 indoors atm but the bottom end is lacking with no sub.

Reid Malenfant
04-09-2012, 19:05
Hi Adam, welcome to AoS :) I did things the other way round many years ago & scared a few people somewhere in London, might have been Battersea park :scratch:

This was in the early 90s though :eyebrows:

Always been a home audio man, but couldn't turn down a commision to build something speaker wise for a car at the right money & for a friend :)

I hope you enjoy your stay here :cool:

flamez
05-09-2012, 08:43
haha thanks.

yeah i think the car is alot more difficult apart from installation. it's very hard to get a centre image and processing is always neccessary. I was running HLCD's under the dash in the end which is very rare for a vehicle, I had infinite baffle in the rear also very rare.

Do you guys use RTA's to set up your home speakers?

Reid Malenfant
07-09-2012, 19:09
If by RTA you mean some kind of whole system DSP processing then no, I see you mean real time analyzer...

Not many on here use DSP, but I do, though only for bass signals below 150Hz.

I wouldn't dream of corrupting anything above that frequency, though below the difference certainly isn't subtle ;)

You just need a decent amount of power & reasonably large bass drivers with decent excursion to do the job, as the DSP will force a lot more power through them to get rid of room modes :eyebrows:

Six to ten dB isn't probably out of the question, or up to 10 times the power :scratch: