PDA

View Full Version : Hello from New Zealand

PLINIUS
02-09-2012, 18:28
Hello from New Zealand, I've been invoved in the Audio Industry since 1974. Got into the field primarily because of my love of music, but soon learned to enjoy the euipment side as well. I remember when I was first smitten by a T/T it was an Empire 598. Soon after I heard a pr. of B&W DM2s , I was hooked!
My main system consists of :
Sources: Oracle Alexandria, Sota Sapphire, Denon DCD-S1, Enlightened Audio Design DSP7000MKIII, Nakamichi LX3.
Pre: VTL 2.5
pwr: Pinius SA100MKII
SPKS: B&W802
I look forward to meeting you all.

The Grand Wazoo
02-09-2012, 18:29
Hi Peter,
Welcome to AoS.
Nice system! What sort of music do you like?

Cheers

PLINIUS
02-09-2012, 18:55
Hi Peter,
Welcome to AoS.
Nice system! What sort of music do you like?

Cheers
Zappa of course;)
Classical
Early 20th Century Armstrong & Holiday particularly
60s & 70s Rock
JAZZ in all it's forms
Blues
World Music
Hi Cris, thanks for the welcome, what are you into?

The Grand Wazoo
02-09-2012, 19:52
..... what are you into?

Well, I hate that Zappa bloke fer starters!
Mostly guitar based rock & blues type stuff, a bit of jazz .......much like yourself really!

Alex_UK
02-09-2012, 22:19
Hi Peter, welcome to AoS from me as well - hope you enjoy the forum. :)

hal55
03-09-2012, 04:41
Hello, Plinius and welcome, I'm from just across the way in Australia but don't hold that against me. Like you I enjoy Garry Morrisons equipment, having a CRAFT amplifier back n the 8os - a brand he owned before joining Plinius. I'm still in fact using the phono module from it today. Would love to hear your SA100/B&W combination, should be really nice!
AOS is a good forum (I imagine your also on Audioenz?) so enjoy. It's a good place to visit,

Hal55

AlfaGTV
03-09-2012, 06:25
Hi Peter and a big welcome from me too!

It seems we are all quite patriotic when it comes to equipment choice! ;)
I do like both the sound and and design of Plinius products though! :)

Anyways, enjoy the AoS! Bound to give you plenty of smiles on each visit!
Regards
Mike (on the other side of the globe, Sweden)

synsei
03-09-2012, 06:27
Hello Peter and welcome to AoS. I use a pair of DM2's myself and I love what they do in my system. I've a very eclectic taste in music although I am not a huge fan of Jazz or Elvis. Hope you enjoy your stay ;)

PLINIUS
03-09-2012, 08:33
Hello, Plinius and welcome, I'm from just across the way in Australia but don't hold that against me. Like you I enjoy Garry Morrisons equipment, having a CRAFT amplifier back n the 8os - a brand he owned before joining Plinius. I'm still in fact using the phono module from it today. Would love to hear your SA100/B&W combination, should be really nice!
AOS is a good forum (I imagine your also on Audioenz?) so enjoy. It's a good place to visit,

Hal55
No worries mate, I knew Garry & Peter Thompson well. My CA1 has been modded with Van den Hull 502 , caps, resistors & relays etc.
No I'm not on Audioenz. Thanks for the welcome.:)

PLINIUS
03-09-2012, 08:46
Hello Peter and welcome to AoS. I use a pair of DM2's myself and I love what they do in my system. I've a very eclectic taste in music although I am not a huge fan of Jazz or Elvis. Hope you enjoy your stay ;)
Hi synsei, I had a pr. of DM2As back in the 70s & early 80s, great speakers:wave:

PLINIUS
03-09-2012, 08:54
Hi Peter and a big welcome from me too!

It seems we are all quite patriotic when it comes to equipment choice! ;)
I do like both the sound and and design of Plinius products though! :)

Anyways, enjoy the AoS! Bound to give you plenty of smiles on each visit!
Regards
Mike (on the other side of the globe, Sweden)
Hi Mike, yes why pay more for an import;)

PLINIUS
03-09-2012, 08:59
Hi Peter, welcome to AoS from me as well - hope you enjoy the forum. :)
Thank you Alex