PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood KD-5100 - Any Good?

Ammonite Audio
02-09-2012, 16:20
Simple question - was/is the Kenwood KD-5100 any good? I have seen one for sale but cannot find out much about it, except that it's a fully automatic, apparently well-engineered direct drive deck.

StanleyB
02-09-2012, 17:01
How much :D? It's a sleeping beauty so if the price is right I would not let it pass if I were you. Damn heavy if I remember correctly from my repair days. and rare as well. Kenwood was sold under the Trio brand name in the UK. So if it is Kenwood badged then it was brought to the UK by someone in person.

By the way I still have the instructions manual. So if you need it then PM me with your email address and I can send it to you.

Ammonite Audio
03-09-2012, 02:12
How much :D? It's a sleeping beauty so if the price is right I would not let it pass if I were you. Damn heavy if I remember correctly from my repair days. and rare as well. Kenwood was sold under the Trio brand name in the UK. So if it is Kenwood badged then it was brought to the UK by someone in person.

By the way I still have the instructions manual. So if you need it then PM me with your email address and I can send it to you.

Thanks. It's not in the UK and neither am I, so it would be difficult to buy, but not impossible. See http://www.ebay.de/itm/Kenwood-KD-5100-hochwertiger-Plattenspieler-audiophiler-Klang-/110941317283?pt=Plattenspieler&hash=item19d49e28a3