PDA

View Full Version : Album Club - Week 56: 29.08.2012 - Raison D'etre - Prospectus l (2007)

Reid Malenfant
29-08-2012, 20:43
Ahhh, bare with me as I have just been summonsed :eyebrows:

Not sure what any of you are going to make of this, & imo that is precisely the very point :D I'm not here to feed you stuff that you may like or give five stars voting for - I think you may know this by now ;)

So what do we have... A rather dark & bleak soundscape by a certain Peter Andersson, this chap appears to be quite prolific which is fine by me, I just wish I could track down his stuff without having to pay a small fortune for it. I have been lucky of late & won another three CDs at a decent price on ebay :eyebrows:

So to the music...

Spotify link (spotify:album:3os4py9ls09ucvkj4EBuKR) (I hope) :eyebrows:

spotify:album:3os4py9ls09ucvkj4EBuKR

Try it here to at Grooveshark (http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/Prospectus+I/4527703). I have often found it has better audio quality & it doesn't pollute your PC :cool:

Have a couple of drinks, nothing too heavy, then sit back & relax & see where this takes you... Might be interesting.

ooops, sorry as album art is a tad large & I still have to do the voting thing yet :lol:

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad240/speakermark/Ditton%2066/R-3275703-1323522945.jpg

Get the voting thing done & I'll retire to my Rack'O'Ribs that is getting kind of cold :eyebrows:

John
29-08-2012, 21:06
Looking forward to hearing this

Reid Malenfant
29-08-2012, 21:16
Looking forward to hearing this
:lol: Next time you might be listening to 80s Italian disco music ;) So make the most of it :eyebrows:

Yeah I'm a bugger for unsettling people :cool:

All the best John!

John
29-08-2012, 21:21
My idea of hell

RichB
04-09-2012, 21:20
Respect Mark for stepping into the fray with this suggestion. I gave this a 4 mate. I totally get what the artist is doing with this and I like a bit of ambient as much as the next man but my heads just not in the right place for it.

I'm working away at the moment and pining a bit for home and this was just too atmospheric for my mood. It didn't offend the ears as such but when you said see where it takes you I didn't like that place. Still you are one of the most adventurous souls on here and I'll continue to check out your suggestions as I've enjoyed a great many of them.

Alex_UK
04-09-2012, 22:38
Right, I've only had 0.2mbps broadband the past fortnight, so Spotify has been off limits, but it all came back up to 5mbps tonight, so I will give this a go as soon as I can. :)

Bazil
09-09-2012, 13:08
Soundscape (film score?) I don't really ever imagining sitting down and listening to the whole album but broken up every track would be good mixed with other types of music. 7/10.

The Grand Wazoo
21-09-2012, 06:55
Well I left it late to vote and so I've just done that now - amazed to discover that I have a 25% share of the result!!
I feel guilty for only giving it a 3 now.

Alex_UK
03-10-2012, 14:10
Only just got round to trying this today - jeez - I think a little bit of wee actually came out I was so scared! Had to stop at track 3, this is seriously spooking me out! I'll try again another time I think, or maybe I'll have to ask if my mummy can make the bad man stop... :eek:

Barry
26-10-2012, 01:12
My word this a cheery little album! Mediocre use of sampling; Enigma do a far better job. All the tracks sound basically the same - dreary and depressing. 3/10.

MartinT
09-11-2012, 16:02
It's just not my thing, Mark, although I certainly get some sub-genres of ambient. However, it's scary without the enjoyable bit and the idea of picking this out to listen to is anathema to me :eek:
2/10.