PDA

View Full Version : FS - Origin Live Silver Mk II Tonearm with additional heavy counterweight

Stateside
29-08-2012, 18:58
Beautiful specimen. I bought this to use with my Technics SL-1210 and a Denon DL-103, before realizing that the Jelco 750D was better for that cartridge. This thing really is a 9 (excellent condition, like new). Comes with standard counterweight, plus heavy 20mm counterweight with fine adjustment, installation instructions (manual) and OL protractor.

Asking US $499.00 + 3% Paypal fee. Original retail new: US $960.00 for Mk II; US $83.00 for 20 mm heavy counterweight.

From Jeff Day's 6 Moons review:

"Just like Harry Potter's magic wand, the new arm wand of the Origin Live Silver MkII casts a magic spell on cartridges of both low and medium compliance persuasions to get the best from either. Unlike Ron Weasley's MkI, the II never seems to misfire or create mischief. As such, the new Origin Live Silver MkII is hereby recommended to aspiring audio wizards everywhere. If you have a MkI and are completely happy with it, I would hold with the hand you have. However, if you're looking for an extra touch of musicality and would like to explore the musically magical world of low compliance cartridges, you couldn't spend your money better than updating to MkII status.

If you're shopping for a relatively inexpensive tone arm [viz. $960.00] with exceptional performance that excels in both sonics and musicality, you simply can't go wrong with the Silver MkII.

I'd like to thank Mark Baker for sharing his Origin Live Silver MkI and MkII tonearms with me and our readers during the lengthy writing process of the Garrard Project series and the parallel and subsequent standalone tone arm reviews. The Silver MkII is not only a worthy successor but for my tastes outperforms the MkI in every way, making it an easy early nominee for my personal Best of 2006 list here at the moons."

Please check out my feedback on AGon under Mdpinsky. Payment by Paypal, U.S.bank check or money order. Buyer pays shipping.

Thanks. Long days and pleasant nights.

Mike