PDA

View Full Version : nad 3020 speaker cable

brainz2000
03-02-2009, 00:23
Picked up a NAD 3020 for free, but discovered it has clips for speaker cables on the back !!! (wot no bananas :) )

So this piece of audio history won't take any of my existing cable collection.

I want something cheap to terminate with bananas at the speaker end and then fit inot the clips (slightly worn ...) at the amp end.

Any recommendations on cables ?

Need about 3m each - any one got any solid cores (DNM, Cyrus or the like) they want to part with for a few quid, or anything else that can be recommended to make my second system sing ...

alb
03-02-2009, 07:59
Try some 1.5 or 2.5 Twin and earth mains cable.
Remove the grey sheath and the earth.
Twist together the coloured wires and you've got a decent set of solid core cables for peanuts.

StanleyB
03-02-2009, 11:32
79 strands from Maplin. Cheap as chips and they work. I fitted some on my amp to do some testing and I can't be bothered to re-arrange the carpets just to get them out since they sound OK so far.

Stan

greenhomeelectronics
04-02-2009, 13:55
They will take a fairly thick multi strand, 1.5mm T+E works well, we have recommended that many times. The other thing you can do is to make up small adapters. Just get some banana sockets and attach short leads to go to the NAD's terminals. You can mount the bananas in an elecrical box with a blank faceplate drilled to suit or any similar arrangement. Just make sure the terminals can't touch each other or the chassis of the amp and you will be fine.
Dave.