PDA

View Full Version : FS: Sachiko Double Mouthed Horn with Fostex 208

AndrewL
28-08-2012, 21:06
Designed by resident speaker guru Scottmoose and built by our very own master craftsman Colin Topps for sale are my Sachiko with Fostex 208 and super tweeter.

To ensure continued domestic harmony I need to get something smaller. If you have a big room then nothing, I repeat nothing, will move air like these do! As you'd expect from a quality driver like the 208 there's no shortage of finesse and detail either; they can literally make your hair stand on end and at > 96 db efficient they are great with anything class A or even low powered valve stuff.

Built from executive grade cherry pre-veneered baltic birch ply sheets and biscuit jointed for extra strength these are one solid set of cabs, no resonating panels here, they weigh in at 70kg each and are 6ft tall, L-pads and quality binding posts on the rear.

Included are Fostex 208 drivers and FT17H super tweeters.

I have seen these for sale for big big money in the the US, I've priced them at £1000; believe me, this doesn't even cover material costs.

Please check with the better half before buying (don't make the same mistake as me) or better still, build you own listening room ;)

I can arrange collection, or meet half way as long as you can be flexible on timings.

Andrew

The Grand Wazoo
28-08-2012, 21:26
Designed by resident speaker guru Scottmoose ..................

Resident of where, may I ask?

AndrewL
28-08-2012, 21:41
UK?

aquapiranha
28-08-2012, 22:02
I built a pair that used the 206 as mentioned. They are stunning , and the buyer is unlikely to be disappointed !

Puffin
29-08-2012, 07:08
Scott Lindgren, resident FR guru on Diyaudio.

http://www.wodendesign.com/background.html

John
29-08-2012, 07:13
These will sound amazing a true bargin if you have the space

Ali Tait
29-08-2012, 09:46
Yes agreed, great speakers.

RichB
29-08-2012, 11:46
Wish I had a spare grand just to see Mrs B's face when I turned up with these!

Good luck

Toppsy
03-09-2012, 18:23
Even though I did build these speakers for Andrew, my heart goes out to him having to sell them on to save his marriage. Well not really save his marriage but his wife though simply loving the sound these produce cannot live with their large size anymore so they have to go. I and Scottmoose are working on suitable replacements for Andrew using the new MakAudio Alpair12P MkII.

These are the most dynamic FR horn speakers that I have ever heard. If you have wanted to listen to the Metalica album S&M where the sound pins you to the wall and sound life-like then these are the speakers for you. They are rock mosters in the nicest way possible. I really rate these speakers.

They are well worth an audition especially if you have never heard a double mouthed horn speaker with a single FR driver and supertweeter helper. Don't compare these to the Fostex FE206 driver version of these speakers. The 208 sigma thrashes the cheaper 206 by far in sound quality and dymanics. I'm sure Andrew is willing to haggle over the price. So go get a bargain.

AndrewL
23-09-2012, 07:43
Bump, price reduction £800!

Andrew

Complin
23-02-2015, 14:47
Did you actually sell these?

Si74
23-02-2015, 21:28
Yes, long past to myself:lol:
Absolutely stunning and destroy things I've had in here that cost
mutiple, multiples:stalks: