PDA

View Full Version : Hello

gradus
27-08-2012, 12:40
Hello from a windswept Suffolk.
I'm sitting in front of a long rack of unplayable lps as my ancient-ish system is hors de combat unless i can find out how to get my Systemdek 11XE900 spinning again. The old Yamaha RXV620 receiver still works as does the even older Nakamichi cassette player and the B&W DM 620s but the dear old SME 3009/Shure V15 111 hasn't had any work to do for a while now, but more anon.
Looking forward to reading some interesting views,best wishes,
Ken

Reid Malenfant
27-08-2012, 18:51
Hi Ken, welcome to the forum :) Sounds like you are in a bit of a pickle, here's wishing you the best of luck getting your record deck back in fully working order ;)

I hope you enjoy your stay here & get your TT sorted quickly :cool:

Alex_UK
28-08-2012, 06:25
Hello Ken, welcome to AoS from a fellow Suffolkian. :) I'm no turntable expert, so I doubt I will be able to help with your problem, but I'm sure there will be plenty who can - perhaps try a new thread?

What sort of music don't you listen to? ;)

Hope you enjoy the forum.

The Grand Wazoo
28-08-2012, 06:34
Hi Ken,
Welcome to AoS from me too.
I'm sure that TT problem can't be too difficult to sort. There are plenty of knowledgeable people here to help you do it yourself & if all else fails, I'm sure someone can recommend a good repair man.
Cheers

gradus
04-09-2012, 14:54
Thanks for the kind welcomes.
I listen to R3 and Spotify mostly these days but collected lps for over 50 years - not that I have a massive collection probably about 2000 or so, predominantly classical. I own rather fewer cds again mostly classical. I enjoy pretty much any kind of music although I'm a little rusty on Industrial and the latest trends!
Not sure where to post my woes with the Systemdek turntable and would be grateful for guidance.
Regards
K/G

The Grand Wazoo
04-09-2012, 21:03
Try starting a new thread in the Analogue Art (http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4) section. Describe the symptoms and be prepared to maybe take a photo or two (under the hood if necessary).