PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a source for a DC 12V 6A Power Supply or can build one?

loosend
26-08-2012, 21:05
I have been trawling the net looking for a regulated linear psu to rum my server that I use for music for my Squeezebox, I have seen these little SBooster thingies that Mark is doing and Stan rep,I'd to a comment I made in the thread about them saying that they do actually help to filter out noise

Now I am not sure if that would be enough or if a linear would be better, however trying to find one is not easy, the only one I have is via RS and it's in a cage and has screw terminals so not ideal

Does anyone have a link or know someone who builds these for a reasonable price, I don't fancy spending out alot of money on one for the server like the one I have from Teddy Pardo or other more popular ones that cost a fair whack

Of course if these are the only options then I will then know for sure and have to rethink about just using the SMPS

Cheers

Reid Malenfant
26-08-2012, 21:11
Paul Hynes can sort you out, I have no doubt :)

You'd be getting just about the fastest, best regulated & lowest noise PSU that it'd be possible to devise..

If you can't afford a complete power supply, I'm sure Paul will advise on a suitable transformer to complement one of his bespoke regulators (which are considerably cheaper than a complete PSU).

DaveK
26-08-2012, 21:18
My advice: -
talk to Sean at Custom HiFi Cables (.com). You may not get an immediate answer as he's tussleing with the Matterhorn at the moment (I think :) ) but will be back in early September,
Great guy to deal with and superb products IMO.
No connection other than as a customer :) .
Dave.

loosend
27-08-2012, 11:16
Thanks guys, that's great and not too expensive either :)