PDA

View Full Version : NVA Active

adiep
26-08-2012, 20:31
Hola Richard, in this day and age, were all looking to get rid of boxes, we have converging technologies left right and centre. In the popularist hifi world the opportunity for saving box spaces comes about via active speakers combined with dac's that have a pre-out.

businesses such as ATC/Adams and god forbid, AVI are popular because they have products that make sense for end users, they sound great, are well built and cut down on the crap.

So.... Any chance of an NVA active speaker in the near future?

DSJR
26-08-2012, 20:40
I think you have the wrong forum, since NVA's Richard Dunn is sadly a banned member here.

As to active NVA systems, if you look here in old dead threads, you'll find him railing severely against crossovers of all kinds, both passive and active. I don't feel his arguments against active crossovers are truly valid *these days,* since all his arguments have been well dealt with by skilled and experienced electronics design engineers who knew what they're doing a long time ago (and I DON'T mean Linn and Naim here either!). Having said that, there are one or two speaker makers out there who are getting the highly efficient, simple crossover kind of speaker together rather well. One is Tekton in the USA and I believe Icon Audio in the UK is another. I'm sure there's more and I believe NVA have speakers too from time to time :)

Ali Tait
26-08-2012, 20:43
See here-

http://hifisubjectivist.com/

adiep
26-08-2012, 20:51
how did richard get banned???

AlanS
27-08-2012, 02:36

We do not discuss banned members but you could search for his posts and maybe buildup an idea.

synsei
27-08-2012, 02:45
Or you could browse his forum for a somewhat less diffuse experience... ;)

Macca
27-08-2012, 12:46
Or you could browse his forum for a somewhat less diffuse experience... ;)

:lol:

Marco
28-08-2012, 12:37

Neither of us liked the smell of each other's aftershave ;)

Marco.