PDA

View Full Version : Lehmann power unit upgrade?

archiesdad
21-08-2012, 19:38
I'm awaiting the delivery of a Lehmann Rhinelander headphone amp(missed the bloody postie today) and wondered if anyone has experience of better power supply options as per Graham Slee models, or will I be happy as standard, I don't need to know if I've bought the wrong thing though please leave the bubble intact for the moment.:doh: thanks.

MCRU
22-08-2012, 15:02
from the website:-

Specifications:
Discrete Zero Global Feedback output stage with high quiescent current ready to drive most headphones or long cable runs - Audiophile voltage amplifier stage
Single source preamplifier reconfigurable to "headphone only" mode with two line source inputs by replacing just two jumpers
Relays source selection / mute operation
Only MKP caps in the signal path for perfect transient response and ambience reproduction
Gain jumper selectable 6dB/20dB
Hand selected potentiometer with very good channel tracking
Double sided audio board
External AC power supply
Ultra fast rectifying diodes
We only use low ESR electrolytic caps
Low-noise, regulated power supply
Gold plated RCA connectors
Original Neutrik headphone jack with gold plated contacts
Anodized aluminium faceplate and knob

so maybe a better psu is not needed?

archiesdad
22-08-2012, 20:27
I'm a dummy with electrics so I thought I'd ask the experts, thanks for the help.
It's just a pity it's a two pin plug and needs an ungainly adaptor too.:hmm:

Mike A
24-08-2012, 00:04
I built a battery psu for my Lehmann Black Cube and while it was an improvement it wasn't exactly huge, if I use the mains psu occasionally I find that it's not as involving as with the batteries.

AlfaGTV
24-08-2012, 09:56
Mike, are you referring to the phono stage? Or the Black Cube Linear/Rhinelander?

My personal Linear clone uses a massive 60VA trafo and it whups arse with all other HP amps i've heard...

Regards
/Mike

Mike A
25-08-2012, 00:03
Mike, yeah it's just the phono stage.