PDA

View Full Version : Most like to hear TT

wiicrackpot
15-08-2012, 10:50
Following from ''get your TT's out lads'' and ''post a vid of your TT'' threads, been thinking out of all the lovely spinners i've seen,
on top of my list of 'would like to hear' is definitely sq225917's Kuzma(especially now with the Yammies),
followed by Ynwan's self built wonder and being a lifelong Linn fan, Flatpoely's Rubikon'd Lp12 ,
simply because i've never heard any of the iterations of upgrades thats available to that legendary deck,
so....what floats your boat from the threads?. :)

wii.

YNWaN
15-08-2012, 11:23
:) - I've heard all three of those many times :)

Not that that helps

synsei
15-08-2012, 11:30
This is a good idea Andy. Actually, you already mentioned the TT I'd like to hear. Mark's (Ynwan) deck is a masterpiece of engineering and on top of that it looks amazing. I reckon it sounds good too and I'd like to take a listen to it sometime.

I'd also be intrigued to hear both Marco's and MartinT's Mega-Techies side by side simply due to the different approach they have employed for their choice of arm and cartridge ;)

wiicrackpot
15-08-2012, 11:35
:) - I've heard all three of those many times :)

Not that that helps
Isn't life sweet... :cool: and no, it doesn't help as i ain't never gonna hear it, one i don't have an invite and the other i never wander over the borders,
well the last time was handing my beloved SHL5's over to Bourney at a service station on the M6 just pass Carlisle, heavy hearted journey home.:(

wiicrackpot
15-08-2012, 11:37
I'd also be intrigued to hear both Marco's and MartinT's Mega-Techies side by side simply due to the different approach they have employed for their choice of arm and cartridge ;)
Yeah Dave, forgot about them but the biggest problem is there are so many of them it's hard to decipher which is which and which is the definitive version.:)

YNWaN
15-08-2012, 11:38

Yes, I would too - ideally with a completely standard Techi also present.

Isn't life sweet... :cool: and not it doesn't help as i ain't never gonna hear it, one i don't have an invite and the other i never wander over the borders,

Sorry about that, it's just that you happened to mention the very three decks that I do get to hear on a regular basis. An invite could probably be arranged, but if you never wander over the borders.....

wiicrackpot
15-08-2012, 11:50
Yes, I would too - ideally with a completely standard Techi also present.

Sorry about that, it's just that you happened to mention the very three decks that I do get to hear on a regular basis. An invite could probably be arranged, but if you never wander over the borders.....
Yeah, thats the point i missed from my last post, i am lost in the myriard of upgrades for that deck.

Well, thats life i suppose, tell you the reason behind my choices, Si's work with the PSU and amalgamating Linn parts, yours speak for itself,
as i've said before on thread it just looks right and something to behold, Flatpopely's is epitomy of the journey one can take with the Linn. :)

YNWaN
15-08-2012, 15:34
Well Andrew's LP12 is certainly the best LP12 I have ever heard (bar none), and I have heard a lot.

The decks I would most like to hear are a Continuum and the Rockport, also the Versa Dynamics.

John
15-08-2012, 15:53
Barry EMT and Theo Trio

sq225917
15-08-2012, 16:39
Very nice of you to say so Andy. If you ever find yourself in Sheffield you can hear my and Ywans deck within 5 minutes of each other.

DSJR
15-08-2012, 16:48
Heard the Rockport (yawn!) and it just sounded bland, as a lot of "Top End" gear can. Almost certainly the bling it was connected to! Mind you, if I was going to have something that "looks" like a cutting lathe to play LP's on, why not save a fortune and buy an actual cutting lathe, bolt it to the floor, remove the cutting assembly and mount a tonearm and cartridge of choice to it :lol:

I need to hear Marco's turntable system at some point, to hear what all the hoo-ha is all about ;) and I'd love to see Mark's deck too, as it has some interesting alternatives to convention in its design.

YNWaN
15-08-2012, 17:28
I would still like to hear the Rockport, just for personal education more than anything else (but I'm interested in hearing any turntable I've not heard before). However, I realise that if I was to hear one (Rockport) it would almost certainly be within the context of a system of unfamiliar components.

wiicrackpot
15-08-2012, 18:32
Very nice of you to say so Andy. If you ever find yourself in Sheffield you can hear my and Ywans deck within 5 minutes of each other.
Thanks Simon, i'll definitely invite myself if i'm ever down south, apart from Kuzma being a brand i admire (have a Stogi arm),
what i like specially with yours is you take care what you're feeding the deck, i tend to think that counts more than fancy wires. :)

flatpopely
15-08-2012, 19:40
Andy, if you are ever near York you are most welcome to listen to my deck.
It does things no other LP12, or deck, I have heard do!

BUT all hi fi a matter of taste, you may think its pants.

Genuinely happy for you to pop in.

wiicrackpot
15-08-2012, 20:03
That's '' a must'' Andrew and thanks for the invite, funny enough York (racecourse) is one place i visited as a tourist down south, being a avid cycling fan,
i went one year to the CTC Rally (cycle touring club of Britain) meet a long time ago, don't think i've been south again. :doh:

p.s. i feel it could be expensive if i get to listen to any of the 3 decks mentioned. :)

flatpopely
15-08-2012, 20:26
That's '' a must'' Andrew and thanks for the invite, funny enough York (racecourse) is one place i visited as a tourist down south, being a avid cycling fan,
i went one year to the CTC Rally (cycle touring club of Britain) meet a long time ago, don't think i've been south again. :doh:

p.s. i feel it could be expensive if i get to listen to any of the 3 decks mentioned. :)

Well when you're down....PM me.

Tarzan
16-08-2012, 22:08
l would also like to hear MartinT's deck and Rexton's- they look and l would imagine sound awesome:)