PDA

View Full Version : Miserable Day

Mike
31-01-2009, 11:57
Lister, the last of our cats, has just left on his final trip to the vet.

I'm not happy today.

Dave Cawley
31-01-2009, 12:05
Mike, Jill and I are so sorry. It may take 6 months to recover. If you thought we were mad, check out www.dartmouthpussycat.com

Regards

Dave

Beechwoods
01-02-2009, 16:12
Thinking about you Mike, I know how it feels.

chris@panteg
01-02-2009, 18:43
Very sorry to hear that M8 i have been through it , i have 3 moggies at the moment.

Sand Dancin Donkey Walker
01-02-2009, 20:21
Mike

Most sorry to hear about your cat, been there a few times with dogs, so I know how must be feeling. Take care and think of happier times.

Andy - SDDW

Spectral Morn
01-02-2009, 21:36
Hi Mike

Sorry to here about your cat Lister. Been there, but not with Cats or dogs.

We used to have a house Rabbit and some Guinea pigs. The Rabbit Chakotee was like a little dog. He used to run around the room jump up on to you for a stroke and tlc. Once when my wife was reading some papers for work he jumped up and laid his head down for a stroke. when it didn't come he backed off and tried again. He then jumped up grabbed the papers in his mouth throwing them to the floor and then laid his head down again for a stroke...and people think rabbits are stupid.

He also loved toast, both to eat and to play with. He used to run about with it, throw it in the air catch it and run a bit more.

I miss him a lot...sounds silly but that rabbit was magic. When the last Guinea pig died my wife said no more, the stress and sadness was to much.

Regards D S D L---Neil :)

anthonyTD
01-02-2009, 22:21
Lister, the last of our cats, has just left on his final trip to the vet.

I'm not happy today.
hi mike,
so sorry to hear that mate, i know how you must feel, my old dog was around 17 when i had to face the inevitable trip to the vet, i always said when the time came i wouldnt leave him suffer, but when it came man was it hard, broke my heart, still hurts 5 years on, anyway, i know this is not helping your situation, but i am sure you know where i am coming from. he was very lucky to have you as his owner, and ime sure he would have known that.:)
regards,anthony...

Mike
01-02-2009, 22:37
Thanks for the sympathies everyone, didn't mean to sound maudlin, just 'felt the need'. :sorry:

Been having a few strange and reflective thoughts the last day or so..... maybe I'll tell you about them sometime.

Cheers.......

Marco
01-02-2009, 22:45
I'm so sorry to hear that, matey. I know exactly how you feel as I've been in that situation a few times myself.

Everyone reacts differently to these things but the best way I find of coping with the loss is to go straight out and get another cat to 'replace' (the new one of course won't be the same, but in time you'll love it just as much but in a different way) the one that's been put down.

For me that helps to fill the void left by the cat that's passed away, particularly if you get a nice little kitten, and so the sadness of the loss of your pet is partially diluted by the joy of bringing a new living creature into your home, especially so if it's a cat that needs a home.

This is quite easy to do if your cats are just 'moggies' and come from the Cat Protection League, like ours (we currently have three). It's a different ball game of course if you're buying pedigree cats.

Anyway, our thoughts are with you and I hope you manage to come to terms with and get over the loss soon :)

Marco.

leo
02-02-2009, 00:03
Sorry to hear the bad news Mike:( we recently lost one of ours (one left now) he had a heart problem and overactive thyroid so it was regular trips to the vets and was on tablets everyday, poor lad just gave up after a while