PDA

View Full Version : My set up

jrmanders
30-01-2009, 21:59
Just a few pics of my set-up. Looks better in the flesh bloody digital cameras pick up all the dust. Anyway enjoying Dyno Karat 17D2 at mo due Condor gone back Holland for repair. Those condors are so easy to destroy!!

Jonathan.

Spectral Morn
30-01-2009, 22:12
Hi Jonathan

Nice set up...

I see you use Symposium..always wondered about this Isolation company...What do you think ?

I know what you mean about Digital cameras and dust...you clean..take photo and bam there it is aghhhhh.

regards D S D L---Neil :)

chris@panteg
30-01-2009, 22:12
Very nice system, the SME is a class deck, the p10 is very interesting i wonder how it compare's with the old P2.

jrmanders
30-01-2009, 22:26
Thanks for your kind words Chris.
Don't know I think it compares more closely to the P1 after speaking to Guy, which I also owned when I had my Voyd turntable back in '95. P2 was good just couldn't afford it back then. Seemed like so much money then,

Jonathan.

chris@panteg
30-01-2009, 22:32
You had a voyd' ah i had the .5 with reference psu ,alas now sold .

jrmanders
30-01-2009, 22:42
Yes mine was standard Voyd to start with then I upgraded to Split phase power supply( not reference ) and Reference bearing and Lexan platter (.5). Reference PSU was as big as a power if I remember to power the biscuit barrel sized motors it needed to be. Excellent deck though, great dynamics and well everything really. Love to hear one again.

chris@panteg
30-01-2009, 22:45
My old system pics is on here take a look fitted with sme 310 arm

jrmanders
30-01-2009, 22:49
Nice system love the original Voyd and with ref PSU. Takes me right back seeing all that gear again. What have you got now??

chris@panteg
01-02-2009, 12:58
Well i sold my old system for financial reasons, but have now gone over to the Dark side as it were ' a Technics 1210/sumiko h/s/denon DL160/Timestep psu.
going into a CA640p/CA740a and my much loved old Snell type J's with Hitachi speaker cable 102sx (Kevin Scott recommended).

A much more modest set up but it works well together, no valves but i just cannot afford the stuff i would like, i got the CA combi for £360 not bad at all.

The timestep is my latest upgrade and has transformed the techy, but i won't say anymore as i need to get my act together and do a write up in the strokes of genius forum.