PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone :)

YNWaN
30-01-2009, 11:43
Hi all, I was a bit bored yesterday and had a very nice time looking through the pictures of members systems - so I thought I would sign up.

Filterlab
30-01-2009, 12:27
Hi there and welcome to AoS!

May we ask your first name?

:)

YNWaN
30-01-2009, 13:00
Yes, it's Mark - some people may already know me as I have been known to post on a couple of other forums ;-).

Filterlab
30-01-2009, 13:05
Nice to meet you Mark. :)

Marco
30-01-2009, 13:18
Yes, it's Mark - some people may already know me as I have been known to post on a couple of other forums ;-).

Indeed - a pfm legend, no less ;)

Welcome to AOS, Mark. I hope you enjoy it here :)

Feel free to get stuck in to the main threads just as you do on pfm :cool:

What system are you running? And since you mentioned the Gallery, you could post some pics of it in there...

Marco.

YNWaN
30-01-2009, 13:27
Many thanks gentlemen :-). I see that many forum members are deeply into valves and horns etc. Whilst I have a lot of time for components of this nature (in fact some of the very best sounds I have ever heard have been produced by valve/horn systems) I do not really have the depth of knowledge in this area to provide valid input.

I've listed most of my system in the 'my details' section. I'm not one for chopping and changing. The biggest change I've made recently is to replace most (almost all) of the components in my pre-amp and make a couple of minor earthing changes.

I will try to take a decent photo of my system this afternoon ;-).

Marco
30-01-2009, 13:37
I will try to take a decent photo of my system this afternoon ;-).

Nice one, Mark.

That would be appreciated because the 'my details' section is only seen when looking up someone's profile. I can't think of the last time I did that, I don't know about anyone else, so that's why the Gallery is useful - and of course pictorial evidence is much more interesting to look at than just simply written text.

It would also be good if you could add "Mark" (and an approximate location of where you live) to your signature so that people don't have to refer to you as "YNWaN". We like interacting with 'real' people here :)

Marco.

P.S May I ask where you found us?

YNWaN
30-01-2009, 13:46
Golly, I normally keep all that personal stuff 'Top Secret', but as you ask, I will 'make it so' (I am happy to be called YNWaN - or Mark, doesn't matter to me)

My System is as follows:

Source component:
Own design of turntable, Naim Armageddon, Naim ARO, ES (Expert Stylus) Linn Troika

Amplification:
Separate phono stage using modified Naim 323K boards powered by a heavily modified Naim Snaps, Heavily modified Naim Nac72, Lightly modified Naim Hi-Cap, Lightly modified Naim Nap135's

Speakers:
Heavily modified Epos ES14's - Altered cabinet damping/construction, re-wired, new X-over, different internal damping, different stand interface

Cables/Stands
Avondale Blue Note between phono and pre-amp, Naim amp interconects, Linn K400 speaker cable bi-wired to speakers. Sound Factory stands for amps, Custom Origin Live stands for speakers

Any other Hi-Fi bits:
Rel Stadium sub-woofer also slightly modified, Separate mains spur - most of the system is fed from a DIY Hydra mains lead, room treatment panels.