PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Down Under

ReachtheSky
25-01-2009, 09:20
Hi to everyone.

I was initially referred to AoS by Stan Beresford to learn more about his DAC units and I have subsequently become interested with the general and associated forum activity.

I enjoy good music played through revealing audio equipment. My music taste is wide and varied, subject to mood and company. I enjoy modern well recorded light-fusion jazz and vocals with a glass of wine. But I often return to the late sixties and seventies blues/rock and folk/rock genres - played loud with a few beers!

Looking forward to the reviews and opinions of the pending Beresford DAC models.

Cheers

Marco
25-01-2009, 10:53
G'day mate :)

Welcome to AOS!

I enjoy good music played through revealing audio equipment. My music taste is wide and varied, subject to mood and company. I enjoy modern well recorded light-fusion jazz and vocals with a glass of wine. But I often return to the late sixties and seventies blues/rock and folk/rock genres - played loud with a few beers!

Nice one - so what's your first name and what's the breakdown of your system? :cool:

Marco.

Beechwoods
25-01-2009, 13:52
Like he says :lol:

Welcome to Art of Sound. Glad you're enjoying things round here :)

Filterlab
25-01-2009, 17:32
Hi and welcome to AoS! :)

ReachtheSky
25-01-2009, 22:35
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Marco my first name is Granville. And I'll have a drink to you too!

My main system comprises various sources, but typically Sony DVD, into Behringer SCR2496 DAC, into various passive and battery preamps, into Meridian 605 mono block power amps, into B&W801 monitors. All interconnects and speaker leads are silver (or silver coated?) Audioplan musicable. I still enjoy the inconvenience of getting up, searching through, and changing the cd's.

Cheers Granville

StanleyB
25-01-2009, 23:52
Hi Granville,

nice to see you around here:). Enjoy the company. And feel free to offer us poms a bit of wisdom from down under on music, how to blow the froth off a couple of cold ones, and a good barbie. Unfortunately it's too cold for the budgie-smugglers right now;).

ReachtheSky
26-01-2009, 01:49
Hello again Stan,

I'll be happy to offer whatever wisdom I can from here down under, but with respect to music I may have little to offer you "up there" as my dominant music tastes were formulated in my Uni days over there in the UK in the early 70's. And what a great music era that British 67-77'ish invasion was! Now regarding the cold ones and a good barbie, I'd love to offer you a good thick med-rear Aussie steak, with a few prawns and a fresh salad selection with a range of ice cold beers (actually lagers) straight from the ice box. (Bear in mind that the shade temperature is 32 degrees C and there hasn't been a cloud in the sky for the last two months.)

Good luck with the pending release of your new DAC models Stan. Many people on this forum appear to be waiting in anticipation.

SteveW
27-01-2009, 07:56
No cloud for 2 years?
Christ we haven't had a summer for two years.

Your system sounds good though Granville...Welcome.

ReachtheSky
28-01-2009, 00:39
Thanks for the welcome Steve.

I can only sympathises with your comments regarding your summers. I was born to a British father working overseas in foreign aid/development to third world countries and went back to the UK for Uni and subsequently stayed on for about 10 years. In those 10 years there were only 2 real summers; one was my Uni finals year - so I effectively missed that, and I just happened to be in the States on a work/travel holiday for the other - so missed that one also! Not surprising that I eventually moved to the Sunshine Coast in Australia!

I do hope your winter improves as my 21yo son, who has hardly seen a day in his life without warm cloudless days, is currently roughing it backpacking through your good country.