PDA

View Full Version : Snot!

Mike
13-02-2008, 18:38
:violin: I have 'The Lurgy'! :bog:

Lets hear your best ideas for a cure please!

Cheers,
Mike.

Filterlab
13-02-2008, 18:38
Head over a bowl of hot water with menthol in it. :)

That or beer! :cool:

Vinyl Grinder
13-02-2008, 19:01
I have it also.

:help:

Mike
13-02-2008, 19:05
That or beer! :cool:

I'm trying whiskey & bombay mix ATM. It's not 'curing' anything but I'm starting to feel better! :rolleyes:

Might finish off with a F-hot curry. And 'F' does NOT mean fairly!

:drunk:

Mike
14-02-2008, 16:37
It didn't work.......

Headcold + whiskey = Bird flu & hangover

:confused:

Vinyl Grinder
14-02-2008, 17:00
I'm dying here with it, i know how you feel..

Steve Toy
14-02-2008, 17:30
Dehydration is the problem with both whisky and colds. Beer is better (more liquid). Guinness in particular seems to have magical properties.

Filterlab
14-02-2008, 18:02
...Guinness in particular seems to have magical properties.

Mmmm, if black poo is what you call 'magical properties'! :lol:

scoobs
14-02-2008, 18:24
F'kin hot curry is the key fellas. Basically fresh ginger, garlic and chilli are the silver bullets here. The best hit though is chicken soup adulterated with lots of fresh garlic and chilli, enough to make yer eyes water, and wash it down with ginger (grated) with honey and lemon juice in hot water. a good few times a day, then down a few pints of the black stuff to ensure a good nights sleep. It works!

Marco
14-02-2008, 18:28
I feel sorry for you chaps. We got our 'dose' a month before Xmas, so I know what you're going through :(

Plenty of fluids (non-alcoholic), particularly hot drinks, and sleep, and then let it run its course, is I'm afraid the only cure...

I like the idea of a hot curry, though!

Marco.

greenhomeelectronics
14-02-2008, 20:29
I recommend a chili enema. It won't cure it but it will take your mind off it.

Mike
14-02-2008, 21:09
F'kin hot curry is the key fellas. Basically fresh ginger, garlic and chilli are the silver bullets here. The best hit though is chicken soup adulterated with lots of fresh garlic and chilli, enough to make yer eyes water, and wash it down with ginger (grated) with honey and lemon juice in hot water. a good few times a day, then down a few pints of the black stuff to ensure a good nights sleep. It works!

MMMmmmmm....silver bullets! Yummy!

I'm a demon chef when it comes to curry, definitely the way to go. Sadly, SWMBO has inexplicably banned me from such delights until the weekend :scratch:

Mike
14-02-2008, 21:11
I recommend a chili enema. It won't cure it but it will take your mind off it.

Nah, s'alright, I'll pass thanks.

But feel free to administer one to M'dame Dominatrix! :lolsign:

scoobs
14-02-2008, 21:19
MMMmmmmm....silver bullets! Yummy!

I'm a demon chef when it comes to curry, definitely the way to go. Sadly, SWMBO has inexplicably banned me from such delights until the weekend :scratch:

Curry is my specialty too, had the nickname curry monsta in Uni! :)
I cant believe SWMBO has sanctioned your curry to weekends..I would take none of that nonsense!

:cool:

Vinyl Grinder
14-02-2008, 21:31
Curry is my specialty too, had the nickname curry monsta in Uni! :)
I cant believe SWMBO has sanctioned your curry to weekends..I would take none of that nonsense!

:cool:

Love my Chineese too much for a curry..I've been walking around all day with bog roll stuffed up each nostril trying to stop the leaks, looks like i've just had a nose job.:(

scoobs
14-02-2008, 21:45
Oh dear - stuffed nostrils. Dont you hate it when you wannt to sneeze and you cant, you pull the stoopid face and it comes to nothing!
I never know what I want at a chinese and always end up buying the wrong thing and wanting someone else's.

greenhomeelectronics
14-02-2008, 21:47
Thanks shian7, I followed your suggestion re Mz dominatrix. The doctor reckons the bruizing in my nether regions should go down soon but the scars are probably permanent. Last time IO take your advice :-)

Mike
14-02-2008, 22:08
Thanks shian7, I followed your suggestion re MS dominatrix. The doctor reckons the bruising in my nether regions should go down soon but the scars are probably permanent. Last time IO take your advice :-)

Oh no!.... you didn't call her a 'MS' did you?

Thats the last way you should address a dominatrix!.... Your 'nether regions' are fair game in those circumstances! :mental:

Marco
14-02-2008, 22:13
Hehehehe... Now this is my kind of 'thread drift'! :flasher:

Marco.

Mike
14-02-2008, 22:14
Oh dear - stuffed nostrils. Don't you hate it when you want to sneeze and you cant, you pull the stoopid face and it comes to nothing!
I never know what I want at a chinese and always end up buying the wrong thing and wanting someone else's.

I drove up my street on the way home and sneezed. I had 'candles' hanging out of my nose and could see people pointing and looking (justifiably) disgusted! Oh the shame. :doh:

Colds are crap!, you're not really ill, but you still feel like you're dying! :(

Marco
15-02-2008, 07:59
Candles? That's a novel description!

To me it usually looks like rubbery lemon curd. The colour and texture appear very similar.

The worst I think is the gloopy globules you often see hanging from kids noses...

And now that I've put everyone off their breakfast... Hehehe :eyebrows:

Marco.

Vinyl Grinder
15-02-2008, 16:29
I'm pissed off with it, my brain hurting now with all the nose blowin.I've only just got rid of one cold at christmas...Din't sleep a flaming ounce last nite (Hence the eary hour posts)..Worse off all i'm not gonna taste mi beer tonight, could even give it a miss infact :wah:

spendorman
15-02-2008, 19:54
Sleep, just keep trying, eventually it will work.

Can also count KT88s jumping over the fence!

Marco
16-02-2008, 01:39
I'm pissed off with it, my brain hurting now with all the nose blowin.

LOL. Your brain is nearer yer arse than yer nose, so when blowin' yer hooter your brain is well away from the action! :lolsign:

;)

Marco.

Vinyl Grinder
16-02-2008, 01:45
:lolsign:

:ner:

Vinyl Grinder
17-02-2008, 17:29
Bright as a bobbin today, must have been all that beer last night...I'm keeping my distance from other people for a bit, not like me to get more than two colds in a year..

spendorman
17-02-2008, 17:33
Is that for their benefit? or yours? !!!!