PDA

View Full Version : WTD croft micro 25

Andy808
23-07-2012, 12:53
Looking for a croft micro 25 pre or micro 25 basic.

Also if anyone has another comparable valve pre I might be interested.

DSJR
23-07-2012, 12:58
How much for though? I can think of three dealers in and around London who stock Croft, the best one being 2/3 up the M11 and to the right a little :lol: :D he sells EAR too.

The only other reasonably priced pre with valves I can think of is the WD kit one, which used to be available ready built as well.

Andy808
23-07-2012, 17:28
DSJR if I wanted to buy new I would not be posting on here if thats all you can suggest can you keep it to yourself!

Wakefield Turntables
23-07-2012, 18:40
OUCH!

Andy808
23-07-2012, 18:44
Maybe I seem a bit rude there but he did have the same suggestion when I asked for some atc speakers.

I think it should be obvious I'm asking for second hand gear as I dont need to post on a forum to find out what shop to go to.

Beechwoods
23-07-2012, 18:51
There are ways and ways of making that point without being completely rude about it. Its worth taking a breath next time you feel like jump on someone who tries to offer you some help.

Haselsh1
23-07-2012, 19:22
Hmmm... this is one example of why I have not been on this forum for some time. Methinks it is going everso slightly downhill.

southall-1998
23-07-2012, 19:35
Modern Croft pre-amps don't show up often on the 2nd hand market.

myles
23-07-2012, 20:05
Andy, as a side issue, have you received my PM?

Andy808
24-07-2012, 10:29
Its actually quite rude to keep suggesting to me that I should buy new when its obvious thats not what I was asking for. Im never facetious to other forum members and dont appreciate it from others

I was fairly blunt about it because it was the second time he did this to me, the first time I didn't think anything of it apart from hes not very funny.

I have bought new in the past but I'm trying my best to cobble together a decent system with limited funds and dont have the extra money to support the hifi retail business at the moment. So DSJR replies were extremely unhelpful but maybe he didn't realise this so I'm sorry if he thought he was just helping.

I know the croft amps dont show up that often thats why I was asking on here as there is a good few croft fans who might be upgrading.

Im sorry if anyone feels that I've brought the tone down around here but for me the worst thing about hifi sites is the facetious exclusive attitudes and general lack of help that seems to prevail. I find this place to be free from that.

anthonyTD
24-07-2012, 11:19
Its actually quite rude to keep suggesting to me that I should buy new when its obvious thats not what I was asking for. Im never facetious to other forum members and dont appreciate it from others

I was fairly blunt about it because it was the second time he did this to me, the first time I didn't think anything of it apart from hes not very funny.

I have bought new in the past but I'm trying my best to cobble together a decent system with limited funds and dont have the extra money to support the hifi retail business at the moment. So DSJR replies were extremely unhelpful but maybe he didn't realise this so I'm sorry if he thought he was just helping.

I know the croft amps dont show up that often thats why I was asking on here as there is a good few croft fans who might be upgrading.

Im sorry if anyone feels that I've brought the tone down around here but for me the worst thing about hifi sites is the facetious exclusive attitudes and general lack of help that seems to prevail. I find this place to be free from that.

Hi Andrew,
Thats fine, there are plenty of good guys here who are only too glad to help you find what your looking for, however, your post did come across as a bit abrupt, and posibly rude to some who i know from experience were only trying to help, so, hopefully now you have explained more about your requirements you will get the help from the right people here.
None of us here are perfect so if you decide to stick around i am sure you will find your in good company.:)
A...

Marco
24-07-2012, 11:21
Hi Andrew,

I think you guys just got off on the wrong foot. Dave was just trying to help, although in way which you didn't appreciate. It's no-one's fault - just a misunderstanding.

Let's move on from it now, anyway, and I hope you find the Croft that you're looking for :)

Marco.