PDA

View Full Version : Fatman iTube

Hozepipe
20-01-2009, 17:17
Just bought this for the wife as a second system, for £269 delivered including speakers. It has an integrated ipod dock though I don't have one yet to try in it.

Just a quick review incase anyone was interested, I think there are a few still available at this price (£399 usually apparently). First off, it's NOT a valve amp it's a digital amp with some preamp valves. However it doesn't sound bad at all - I had a T-amp and that was pretty decent for what it was and as I wasn't looking for a valve amp in particular so I'm not bothered. Build is fine, finish is OK - nice piano black lacquer on the speakers. High WAF. It's quite tidy really.

Plugged in from the headphone out of a MacBook the sound is... not bad, bit 'thick' in the bass but not rubbish - its not even run in yet. It doesn't go very loud but loud enough for fun. However via the 7510 DAC its noticeably better, very enjoyable actually. If the sound is somewhere in between when using an ipod it'll make a nice little compact system. Doubt I'd pay the full whack but for the discounted price, not bad at all.