PDA

View Full Version : How many hours do you listen to music on your system

John
22-07-2012, 08:06
Here a poll about the amount of music you listen to per week

Macca
22-07-2012, 08:25
John - I'm assuming you mean actually listening as opposed to background music while doing something else - other wise your poll won't be high enough. Personally I don't do background music unless I have people round, but I know some people on here work from home or have office systems and have background music on all day. If you see what I mean?

Tim
22-07-2012, 08:27
Its not been that much of late as I have been away from home a lot due to a family illness. However, normally on my home system it would be around 20 hours at the weekend and 3/4 hours per night, so about 35 - 40 hours.

If you are counting total music listening, then that goes up as at my desk at work I would have headphones on listening to Spotify for another 2/3 hours a day.

So I would normally exceed 35 John :)

Alex_UK
22-07-2012, 08:38
Well as the question is MAIN system, it is now probably zero since avatar #2!

Wakefield Turntables
22-07-2012, 08:47
at least 35+ a week, why spend the money and not use it??

vinylspinner
22-07-2012, 08:48
I listen most nights for 2 hours, poss. a little more, plus longer on weekends, so around the 30 hour mark for me.

Nigel

Tim
22-07-2012, 08:54
at least 35+ a week, why spend the money and not use it??
That's a very good point Andrew ;)

John
22-07-2012, 08:55
Yes proper listening not as background

John
22-07-2012, 08:58
Yes i was wondering the value people get
I know we all have different lifestyles
If it was just background music then I think it might go over 100 hours for a lot of us

Tim
22-07-2012, 09:07
It does kind of make you think when you tot it all up John ....... do I spend too much time listening to music :scratch:

DSJR
22-07-2012, 09:38
Well as the question is MAIN system, it is now probably zero since avatar #2!

You and me both, for different reasons now it's school holidays and herself is around all the time.

I'm dreading September, when the main system may as well be packed away for all the use it's going to get from then on :( Still, it'll give me a great excuse to buy some new closed-back headphones since little to no music will drive me insane and I'm close to that now :lol:

tommy6206
22-07-2012, 09:43
its on day and night. I some times put the bedroom one on to go to sleep to.

Puffin
22-07-2012, 11:26
I like the daily anticipation of "what does it sound like today". Obviously the same sonic signature is there every day, however, mains noise (or not) temperature and others things that we don't understand combine to make the listening experience....well just that. There is also your mood to take into account.

Take this morning. I don't normally listen on Sunday mornings (or any morning come to that), but as my left knee is doing an impression of a cripple at the moment, I thought I would take the opportunity. It sounded bloody brilliant, and that was in a cold room....Oeerrr. (If my Windows 7 jumps again while writing this (a combo of b&u seems to do it) I will smash the thing with a lump hammer) and YES my knee is bloody painful!!!! Grrrr.

John
22-07-2012, 17:45
Tim you can never listen to much music

WOStantonCS100
22-07-2012, 18:08
I actually listen to music less than I ever have before... BUT... that's because, having brought my system playback to this point, I've come to really dislike "casual listening". I still listen casually; but, with decreasing frequency, usually to sort out what I'll listen to seriously, later. "Casual listening" means that I'm cheating myself of great musical experiences, the little details that make me glad I've gone through the pain of obtaining/building the gear. So, more often than not, I will wait until I can dedicate 2 to 4 hours to serious listening. I do my best to make that happen 6 out of 7 nights a week, which amounts to approximately 15 to 20 hours a week, mostly after everyone has gone to bed and the (electrical) grid has considerably less pull on it.

Tim
22-07-2012, 18:27
Tim you can never listen to much music
:eyebrows:

Thing Fish
22-07-2012, 23:55
About 2 - 3 hours a week because I don't have any more spare time.

Barry
28-07-2012, 01:27
When I'm at home, it's probably 35 hours plus. However, I will confess, that some of that is listening to the radio (tuner), or playing music whilst doing other things (such as cooking, or posting on the Forum).

Tim
28-07-2012, 07:31
When I'm at home, it's probably 35 hours plus. However, I will confess, that some of that is listening to the radio (tuner), or playing music whilst doing other things (such as cooking, or posting on the Forum).
Me too Barry - I think if we were talking about purely sat listening to music and doing nothing else at all, then I would only spend around 10 - 15 hours a week, mostly at the weekends. That's when I tend to catch up and properly evaluate new music that has arrived during the week.

Tarzan
28-07-2012, 07:55
Try to listen to one album when l get home from work, and sometimes an album before l go to work, my system is now sounding really good so try to do serious as opposed to background listening.:):doh: Nearly forgot, hangover days play music for 3-4 hours:cool:.

RichB
28-07-2012, 17:20
In a normal week I'd say a few hours every night and then on most of the days at weekends so at least 25 hours. All that has changed with working away recently but then i still have a few hours headphone listening every night to switch off the city when i have to be there. Mrs B has commented that at times I've been as pleased to get home to my system as I have been to her!