PDA

View Full Version : FS: Paradigm Studio 20 v5 (Best speakers under £1500?)

soultrader
19-07-2012, 09:50
Hi

Welcome to my sale for a pair of paradigm reference series studio 20 version 5 standmount speakers. these speakers are highly regarded as being the best standmount speakers you can buy for under £2000. they are renowned for their performance in reproducing sound or music in high definition without adding any colouration to the sound. if you are viewing this page i guess you're already familiar with them and their reputation. there are plenty of reviews for them online, not a single one of them are negative which is something seldom seen in speaker reviews.

these retail brand new at a cost of £1400.

These speakers are being advertised as new (other) as they were purchased 3 months ago as an ex demo model. I bought them in a personal capacity from john traynor of acoustic images, Ireland who at the time told me the speakers were literally opened to display their colour and were then used for one week for demonstartion purposes. during this time they had played an hours worth of music.

The speakers are also being sold with the paradigm five year warranty.

during my time of ownership, i have only listened to them briefly and decided I need to down size as these speakers really do pack a punch, way beyond my needs and means for that matter. Despite being very beautiful speakers, I cannot afford the amplification and equipment required to get the best of these beauties and so I've decided to cut and run before I get attached to them and empty out another grand buying hi fi equipment.

I'd say the speakers are yet to be run in, cosmetically they are flawless until you turn them upside down and you notice some swirl marks that are probably there from having being mounted to a stand. These are otherwise out of view during normal use and so you will never see them. The speakers are otherwise in perfect condition.

This is my first time buying/ investing in real hi fi equipment of real calibre, I therefore have no way of comparing the sound to anything other than my previous speakers which were £40. I think they sound amazing, even with my very poor outdated sony amplifier.

In summary; you are buying/ offering purchase of:

An ex demo pair of paradigm studio 20s
During this time they have barely been used
They are therefore yet to be run in
They come with a 5 year warranty and are thus being d as new (other).
They are cosmetically perfect apart from the bottoms which have slight swirling from being in contact with a stand.

I will also provide the seller with the personal contact details of john traynor who will be more than happy to act/ support the owner of these beauties should you ever need to contact paradigm through an authorised distributor.

Feel free to request more photos and will provide them via e mail.

I'm looking to fetch £600 for them as I want them gone. This is less than what I paid for them and I've priced them for what I hope will be a quick sale.

Mike
19-07-2012, 12:24
:worthless:

soultrader
19-07-2012, 12:33
I see... Second time I've been told such. Will post some later, just that I sat on my smartphone so I don't really have a camera.

DSJR
19-07-2012, 13:19
Paradigm are not well known to UK gear lovers I think, and I only know the name from a small pair of stand mounters twenty odd years ago - they were excellent almost square shaped things I recall.

Which was the Paradigm model that was compared to a few silly priced speakers behind an acoustically transparent screen? it sold for £750 or so and apparently beat the lot..

Alex_UK
19-07-2012, 15:21
... and what finish are they, Khalid?

Effem
19-07-2012, 15:45
http://www.stereophile.com/images/512para.promo_.jpg

Rather handsome looking too.

Plenty of complimentary reviews on t'interweb too, but I can't be arsed to trawl through them all and link to them :rolleyes:

soultrader
19-07-2012, 15:49
Sorry guys but apparently the pic size are too big :(...

anyone know how to get around this?

They are in the gorgeous piano black finish.

soultrader
19-07-2012, 16:07

soultrader
19-07-2012, 16:10

soultrader
19-07-2012, 16:10
there's one with the grills on but it won't upload... ?

soultrader
19-07-2012, 20:11
Speakers...Get ur speakers! come on peeps have u never heard of paradigm before? or are u all still on the b & w band wagon. Come on, get 'em while they're hot.

kininigin
19-07-2012, 21:48
If they sound anywhere near the active version,then you'll have a very fine pair of speakers :eyebrows:

soultrader
20-07-2012, 08:38
bump...

soultrader
21-07-2012, 00:53
come on people, please... 580. This is my final drop as a gesture. No offers after this please.

soultrader
22-07-2012, 12:01
bump...

soultrader
22-07-2012, 17:51
Can't believe I was the only geezer who was ever interested in these :(... Bowers really have cornered the market.

soultrader
24-07-2012, 15:02
bump once again...

loosend
26-07-2012, 00:03
Have a bump from me, love Paradigms, they do some awesome speakers, these look beautiful!

If I could find somewhere for them I'd probably have them butive got more systems than rooms!

Someone nearby needs to get their ass around for a demo and report back to everyone, be a shame to put them on eBay, someone needs to keep them on the firm! :)

realysm42
26-07-2012, 06:55
My brother's got a pair of Paradigms, had them for years and they're a great set of speakers.

This set of speakers got a really positive review of Stereophile:

http://www.stereophile.com/content/paradigm-reference-studio-20-v5-loudspeaker

icehockeyboy
26-07-2012, 10:51
You have a PM :)

icehockeyboy
27-07-2012, 10:24
You around Khalid?

soultrader
27-07-2012, 15:48
sorry was away...

icehockeyboy