PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: Talk Electronics Thunder 4 CD Player & Whirlwind 3 Power Supply

weetabix
16-07-2012, 13:43
Up for sale is my very treasured SPECIAL EDITION Talk Electronics Thunder 4 CD Player with Whirlwind 3 Power Supply.

This was one of final production units from Talk Electronics 2 piece high-end CD players the which incorporated silver buttons to reflect a special edition. Original cost was £1800.00. The sound is detailed, smooth, musical, dynamic & sublime, the display is dimmable too.

Both units are in full working order and are immaculate, well looked after and look as good as new, they are complete with remote control, instruction manuals & original cartons, you'd even think they were direct from the factory!

Please browse over the Pdf sales literature for further information and specifications:

http://photos.bwgroup.com/newsletters/uksales/uk2010/february/talkelectronicscdplayers.pdf

Looking for £795.00 o.n.o collection preferred as CD transports can be delicate.

Thanks for looking.

weetabix
27-07-2012, 07:29
Morning all,

An Olympic BUMP!

:)

jandl100
27-07-2012, 08:45
I had a Thunder 3 CDP, with internal PSU - a lesser beast than the one for sale here. It had a powerful, energetic sound, with loads of detail. Not for the faint-hearted! Great fun. :thumbsup:

weetabix
02-08-2012, 16:12
Cheers Jerry.

I remember auditioning the Thunder 3 prior to deciding on the Thunder 4.

It's still available for those that want to grab a serious CD player at a good price in absolutely superb condition.

weetabix
10-08-2012, 07:46
Morning all,

The CD Player is no longer available.

Thanks for looking.

weetabix
08-02-2014, 09:12
Hello all,

This hi-end CD player is available again.

I had been using it in my system up until a month ago when I moved to fully balanced configuration, going back to my Restek Concret.

Boxed as new, fully working, stunningly musical sound.

Collection, or meet up locally for a little towards petrol.

Thanks for looking.

Regards

Stephen

Marco
08-02-2014, 09:17
I had a Thunder 3 CDP, with internal PSU - a lesser beast than the one for sale here. It had a powerful, energetic sound, with loads of detail. Not for the faint-hearted! Great fun. :thumbsup:

Yup, an excellent machine indeed, from an era when CD players were CD players! Someone is in for a nice bargain :)

Marco.

jandl100
08-02-2014, 09:37

ha! - I just checked - it was the £3k Thunder 6 I used to have. :doh:
Great player in an iron fist in a velvet glove kind of way. :thumbsup:

Where does that lie in the hierarchy compared to yours, Stephen? :scratch:

weetabix
08-02-2014, 10:00
Hi Jerry,

From the limited information, the Thunder 6 was a later introduction after the 2-box Thunder 4 with Whirlwind 3 power supply, I guess it would have sat as a progression from the 2-box solution.

I know what you mean by the "iron fist in a velvet glove", oodles of dynamic range!

regards

Stephen

Marco
08-02-2014, 10:14
...or as we call it 'grin factor' :D

For me, that's what it's all about!

Marco.

mmar
09-02-2014, 04:12
ha! - I just checked - it was the £3k Thunder 6 I used to have. :doh:
Great player in an iron fist in a velvet glove kind of way. :thumbsup:

Where does that lie in the hierarchy compared to yours, Stephen? :scratch:

Talk thunder 4 was the top player superceded by the thunder 3.1 followed by the very good 3.1b and the most recent incarnation the thunder 6 all very good sounding players

weetabix
10-02-2014, 19:51
NOW SOLD! Thanks. :)

Cheers for looking.

regards

Stephen