PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Sheldon

stokessd
16-07-2012, 00:57
Hello,

I currently live in Indiana (USA) and I have or have had more audio gear than I care to admit. I repair Quad ESLs, and I've currently got 4 pairs of ESL63's and a pair of the original ESLs. Iv'e also got three pairs of 2-way speakers of my own design. One pair uses Seas drivers with metal cones, and one is a seas reed pulp midbass driver and a soft dome seas tweeter. The most interesting of my little 2-way speakers uses a set of Jordan JX-92's, with a vifa XT-25 tweeter.

For electronics, I use a set of Hypex amplifier modules in my own enclosure to drive my main set of quads. A DAC of my own design feeds the hypex. I generally stream audio to this system using an airport express.

Sitting around, I've got tons of tube amps, solid state gear etc.

My website, which is largely audio related, is here: http://quadesl.com

my blog is here: http://getinthewoodchipper.com

I listen to all sorts of music, for popular music, I'm a child of the 80's, and that music is buried deep in my brain. I listen to a lot of jazz, female vocals, blues, folk, bluegrass, and americana (think american country music before it turned commercial).

Sheldon

AlfaGTV
16-07-2012, 06:09
Hi Sheldon and welcome!

By the looks of your taste in music we most likely are about the same age, around 45 that is... :)
Looking forward to hearing more about ESL speakers and stuff, as they are still my blind spot in hifi... (ESL's, Magneplanars and dipolar speakers that is)

Regards
/Mike

Mr Kipling
16-07-2012, 07:11
Hi Sheldon,

I was just looking at your website on Saturday. Interesting stuff.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Kind Regards,
Stephen

northwest
16-07-2012, 08:34
Well Sheldon, fancy seeing you here:rolleyes:

All you have done is collect more people with yet even more questions about the QUAD ESL! :)

Tor
16-07-2012, 22:36
Hello Sheldon
Greetings from another new member, had a look at your webpage, nice.
Where in Italy where you?
Both me and the wife loves Italy, the wine,food,the people and the scenery.
Tor:newbie:

stokessd
21-07-2012, 16:48
Hello Sheldon
Greetings from another new member, had a look at your webpage, nice.
Where in Italy where you?
Both me and the wife loves Italy, the wine,food,the people and the scenery.
Tor:newbie:

I bicycled around in Tuscany for a week. Then to chinque terre for a week of hiking. We are going back to puglia and Venice in a couple years.

Next year we are going to rent a cottage in Ireland for a week and then rent another cottage in the dales for a week. Plenty of hiking and exploring. I love northern England and the lake district. I'm hoping to spend a good part of every year there when I retire (in a couple decades).

Sheldon