PDA

View Full Version : FS: Audiolab M-DAC

alcarmichael
15-07-2012, 13:25
As my budget for a TT is getting ever higher, I am offering up my M-DAC for sale. It's black and in mint condition, boxed with remote and manuals. I bought this from another forum and would like back what I paid - £500 delivered. I've been promised that any warranty issues will be taken care of by the previous owner.

May consider a cheaper DAC in part exchange....

sq225917
15-07-2012, 17:06
Did he say he was willing to act as a warranty intermediary in perpetuity as the dac was sold on.

Darren
15-07-2012, 17:15
Did he say he was willing to act as a warranty intermediary in perpetuity as the dac was sold on.

I bet not and all to save £95?

alcarmichael
15-07-2012, 18:51

Yes he did, you should know that as it was you :)

alcarmichael
15-07-2012, 18:51
I bet not and all to save £95?

Thank you for your positive comments, much appreciated.

sq225917
16-07-2012, 23:07
Afraid not fella, I offered to handle warranty for you but there was no offer of willingness to pass that onto future additional owners. Bit cheeky to assume there was without asking really.

alcarmichael
17-07-2012, 09:27
Apologies, I assumed you'd be willing to sort out any potential issues if I were to sell on too. As you don't know me from Adam (whoever he is?), I didn't think there'd be any problems.

My thinking was the buyer would contact me should anything go wrong, for me to then contact you. I guess it's true what the say - Assumption is the mother of all **** ups.

I guess, in light of this, I should remove the item for sale....

Puffin
17-07-2012, 12:37
Adam (Hebrew: אָדָם‎, Arabic: آدم‎, Syriac: ܐܵܕ݂ܵܡ) is a figure in the Book of Genesis, the Quran and the Kitáb-i-Íqán. According to the creation myth[1] of Abrahamic religions, he is the first human.

niranhopper
17-07-2012, 12:59
Would you be interested in trade with DAC Magic Plus (with headamp/preamp) + some cash. I have one in as new condition with bills for sale and conicidently i am looking to upgrade to M-DAC. Thanks

DSJR
17-07-2012, 13:16
Most warranties, unless specifically stated otherwise, are to the original purchaser I understand. if a re-seller is happy to offer a warranty of his/her own, then fine, but if this Audiolab DAC went wrong within a year of purchase, maybe an original purchase receipt may be all that's needed? You could check with IAG perhaps?

sq225917
17-07-2012, 13:18
Nope it was a special order from the pre-order list, it's listed with IAG with my name on it.

That said, I'm sure John will support it anyway.

alcarmichael
17-07-2012, 14:08
Would you be interested in trade with DAC Magic Plus (with headamp/preamp) + some cash. I have one in as new condition with bills for sale and conicidently i am looking to upgrade to M-DAC. Thanks

I think I'd be looking for more cash than you'd be willing to offer with the DM+.

alcarmichael
25-07-2012, 09:03
Any part exchange offers? Anything considered..... :)

walpurgis
25-07-2012, 09:41
There is normally no expectation that warranties/guarantees are transferable and that a former owner should sort issues out for a potential string of future owners. No doubt there may be exceptions.

However, some manufacturers do offer a guarantee that stays with the product rather than the owner.