PDA

View Full Version : A New mains lead or a Bentley ??

daytona600
03-07-2012, 13:09
$200,000 for a 10metre mains lead
coconut audio grim reaper search youtube - don,t know how to do links to youtube , I thought my black rodiums are a bit on the pricey side
Does anyone actually buy this stuff , even if it was made from 24k gold
you could buy a complete pv/solar system to power a small village cheaper

Marco
03-07-2012, 13:29
Is this the one you meant, Scott?

Xv-1a17m7gI

:)

Marco.

daytona600
03-07-2012, 13:34
yes marco , still don,t know how to do youtube links
£15quid laptop from ebay with the screen covered in tippex
IT not my strongpoint
HE must be having a laff at those prices " fool & money " spring to mind

prestonchipfryer
03-07-2012, 13:45
I only need seven. Discount for cash!?:D

YNWaN
03-07-2012, 13:47
Have a look at the rest of the Coconut Audio products (if you fancy a giggle) :).

Marco
03-07-2012, 13:53
Hi Scott,

yes marco , still don,t know how to do youtube links...

It's easy. Just copy the YouTube code on the address bar, at the top of your screen, from the YouTube video you wish to link to, which will look something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv-1a17m7gI

Then delete everything to the left of and including the '=' sign. After that, put YT, inside square brackets, before the first character that remains after the deletion. In the above case it would be 'X'. Then simply put /YT, inside square brackets, at the very end of the remaining code, and bingo, you've linked to your video! :)

Marco.

MCRU
03-07-2012, 13:59
I know a chap who supplies a special elastomer tubing to one famous USA power cord manufacturer and they are very busy indeed, the power cords sell for only $16,000.00 if memory serves me correct.

There are 52 billionaires in the UK alone so god knows about the rest of the world so maybe they are the ones buying this stuff, they will all have Bentleys without a doubt for the supermarket run...:lol:

Barry
03-07-2012, 14:49
The Guy’s barking mad or ‘Coco’ nuts – but no doubt successful and probably now quite well off.

Seems like Beltism taken to the ‘nth degree’

Astral Hanger
"The purest and clearest Hanger ever built, free from distortion and harshness. Designed to help you ascend into a higher plane of existence by using a 3 stage uplifting crystal formula that constantly lifts you up into a floating out of body state."

At $3,500 a mere snip!

Athena
"Athena improves on the Heaven's Gate by using a complex pattern of liquification cleaning circuitry built into the crust itself. Athena gives greater clarity and transparency with fresh air. It's the cleanest sounding VibraPortal ever built. You finally reach Heaven where you meet with the goddess Athena..."

At $5,000 still value for money if not SVPP.

I’m in the wrong business!

Reid Malenfant
03-07-2012, 18:48
For $200,000 I'm sure you could get someone to make a bespoke 10KW mains regenerator powered off of a bank of NiCd 200Ah cells that would do a far better job than any cable :rfl:

A Lab Gruppen FP14000 or PLM14000 will happily supply 14KW of balanced regenerated mains at 240V RMS using both channels & feeding them in antiphase via a low distortion audio oscillator @ 50Hz. They come with a manufacturers warranty of six years...

A new one will cost you about £5K, that leaves a whole load of wonga for the batteries, as it is powered via a dirty great big SMPS, it'll happily run on DC :D

There really are some daftees out there :mental:

prestonchipfryer
03-07-2012, 20:20
Daftee indeed, nucking futs in reality! What is the point in such an expense? :rolleyes:

DaveK
03-07-2012, 20:36
And it probably doesn't sound any better than the audio system in a Bentley so, in effect, you'd get the car for free if you went that way :lol: :scratch: :mental:

Reid Malenfant
03-07-2012, 20:40
And it probably doesn't sound any better than the audio system in a Bentley so, in effect, you'd get the car for free if you went that way :lol: :scratch: :mental:
I'd suggest that $200,000 of cable makes no sound at all, so in that respect you are 100% correct :lol:

Marco
03-07-2012, 20:48
It'd probably make a good 'cosh', as we say in Glasgow! ;)

Marco.

Joe
03-07-2012, 21:11
$200,000 for a 10metre mains lead
coconut audio grim reaper search youtube - don,t know how to do links to youtube , I thought my black rodiums are a bit on the pricey side
Does anyone actually buy this stuff , even if it was made from 24k gold
you could buy a complete pv/solar system to power a small village cheaper

It's a spoof site.

littlest hobo
03-07-2012, 21:17
It looks like my Dyson when I extricate it from the cupboard, do you think it will be any good at getting dog fur up off the carpets?

Reid Malenfant
03-07-2012, 21:19
It looks like my Dyson when I extricate it from the cupboard, do you think it will be any good at getting dog fur up off the carpets?
:rfl:

Funny as feck :D

daytona600
04-07-2012, 05:27
It's a spoof site.

no spoof these things are for sale on audiogon several of them
& reviews from current owners
cheaper per metre to buy a lay subsea umblical cable to send power from continent to continent , including chartering a cable laying ship

vandergraafuk
04-07-2012, 07:13
this web site really puts the the NUT in cocoNUT. :-P

Alex_UK
04-07-2012, 09:51
no spoof these things are for sale on audiogon several of them
& reviews from current owners

Ah, must be true then, if "someone" has put them on audiogon! ;)

DSJR
04-07-2012, 10:06
First rule of buying and selling as taught me by a retired businessman - when selling/promoting, you dress up smart. "Promoting" that vacuum cleaner hose on youtube dressed like this (from a bedroom by the look of it) is hardly the way t do it. Buying anything, you dress down so as not to give any clues as to your true worth :)

Coconut Audio have been a laugh for some time now, but I suppose someone had to have a go. There's always some mug out there with more money than sense to buy into it :lol:

realysm42
04-07-2012, 10:59
That Coconut site is a joke.

pumpkineater23
04-07-2012, 16:14
The hyperspace 4m power cable recommended for DAC 'transports you into another dimension'.

Hopefully it's a parallel dimension where I didn't just blow $200.000 on a power cable.

prestonchipfryer
04-07-2012, 16:37
The hyperspace 4m power cable recommended for DAC 'transports you into another dimension'.

Hopefully it's a parallel dimension where I didn't just blow $200.000 on a power cable.

Aaaaaaaaaaargh! :mental: