PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 4m Set of Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable

Yomanze
02-07-2012, 12:42
Hi there,

I have a 4m set of Tellurium Q Black speaker cable for sale.

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i405/neil_yeomans/tq-black.jpg

This cable is less than 2 weeks old, mint condition & comes with original packaging. Loads of positive reviews online from mags & users alike.

It cost £376 new, so I think £300 incl. P&P represents a more than fair deal!

Best regards,

Neil

Marco
02-07-2012, 13:38
Hi Neil,

Out of interest, why are you selling it? :)

Marco.

Mark Grant
02-07-2012, 15:48
This cable is less than 2 weeks old,

Can you send them back for refund so you don't loose any money ?

seems a shame to loose money on something after such a short time.

Yomanze
02-07-2012, 16:23
Can you send them back for refund so you don't loose any money ?

seems a shame to loose money on something after such a short time.

Good point, but I didn't pick up my cables for a week, so have passed the 14 day returns policy.

@Marco I think that TQ cables have a bit of a 'mellowing' effect compared to my NVA cable, which seems to have a touch more sparkle. Maybe I need to give them more time... I suspect that the widely reported "burn in" associated with TQ cables is just people getting used to the different presentation.

Marco
02-07-2012, 16:47
@Marco I think that TQ cables have a bit of a 'mellowing' effect compared to my NVA cable, which seems to have a touch more sparkle. Maybe I need to give them more time... I suspect that the widely reported "burn in" associated with TQ cables is just people getting used to the different presentation.

Thanks for that, Neil - interesting. I'm sure you're right :)

Marco.

Daniel Quinn
02-07-2012, 17:25
I dont know who you got them from or if you wish to make a fuss , but speaking as a lawyer I pretty sure the 14 days would begin when you picked them up .

definitely speaking , would require a look at the T&C .

If your inclined to take then back and dont get anywhere , I would be happy to look at the T&C , pro bono of course;)

MCRU
02-07-2012, 17:36
I would not impose a 14 day return on any customer as un-happy customers never return, 30 days minimum at least is needed to evaluate cables, especially TQ as they need lots of burn in time. Are you prepared to take such a hit on price, have you asked the dealer to take them back? :)

The last lot of blacks I sold to a NVA customer he kept them for 6 weeks.

Effem
02-07-2012, 19:44

They do take a long time to come on song - I disliked them when brand new and there is no way I could like them now, UNLESS they 'matured' with age. Only wish I had an 'uncooked' pair around to confirm that is the case, although I did revert for a while to another marque I have malingering in a drawer that I know well.

MCRU
02-07-2012, 19:47
Some report an immediate and profound improvement, others say it's not for them, all the blacks I have sold so far have needed burning in for quite a while.

Mike
02-07-2012, 19:52
"Chatter" aside... (this is a for sale thread, after all! :rolleyes:)

Stunningly good cables, these. I currently have the Black, Green, and Ultra Black right here. I'm listening to my system with the "Black" cables plugged in and it's never sounded better... VERY impressed so far! :eek:

So have a "BUMP" on me! ;)

Ali Tait
02-07-2012, 20:12
Aye, they are very good. :)

Sovereign
02-07-2012, 20:59
TQ Black are very good, in my system NVA's new LS6 really did it for me, really holographic.

Russell Turner
02-07-2012, 21:04
Would love to buy these from you but can't splurge that amount cash in one go I am afraid...

Will have to put more in the Piggy Bank I think.

;-(

Yomanze
11-07-2012, 10:06
Bump. :)

Having read some comments in this thread about burn-in I may have to concede & admit this is true! If requested I can mark the direction of the cables that I've been using.

£300 incl. postage. now dropped to £280, but I can't go any lower than this! Funds will go into some LFD speaker cable, which might not even be as good!

Yomanze
14-08-2012, 15:05
Hi, these are now sold. :)

MartinT
14-08-2012, 15:32

I can't speak for the Blacks as I have Ultra Blacks, but the effect you're hearing is real: I've compared NVA LS6, LS7 and TQ UB at length. The balance of the NVA is very slightly bright and the TQ very slightly warmer (both small amounts from neutral) - probably accounted for by the silver alloy v copper construction. They can and should be selected to suit your system. There is a very real burn-in effect with all of them, it's not just psychological, and they need over 100 hours to settle down.

Yomanze
14-08-2012, 15:43
I can't speak for the Blacks as I have Ultra Blacks, but the effect you're hearing is real: I've compared NVA LS6, LS7 and TQ UB at length. The balance of the NVA is very slightly bright and the TQ very slightly warmer (both small amounts from neutral) - probably accounted for by the silver alloy v copper construction. They can and should be selected to suit your system. There is a very real burn-in effect with all of them, it's not just psychological, and they need over 100 hours to settle down.

Some people argue that cables don't make a difference, yet there are often consistent views on the audible differences. :P

These are now on their way to someone, who I hope enjoys them. To be honest it's one of those impulse sells that I probably never even really needed to do (the NVA is also gone), so despite the sale these cables are still highly recommended.

Neil (a cable burn-in convert)....