PDA

View Full Version : Eichmann Bullet Plugs at MCRU

MCRU
01-07-2012, 09:48
I have been using these for over a year on my Ultimate Interconnects and was first introduced to them by Graham Nalty owner of Black Rhodium cables who use them on their top end cables as well.

Others have since discovered how good they really are, if anyone wants a set I have another order going in tomorrow so pm me if you would like some.

The mains ones I have are on my website (http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/36_eichmann) and I can order others if anyone wants a different type to use.

http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/1226-large/eti-eichmann-pure-silver-bullet-plugs.jpg

£95 for a set of 4 polymer cases, pure silver pins.

kcc123
01-07-2012, 12:18
They are excellent! I have been using them for more than five years and all my friends are using them since after my recommendation and comparsions.

wombatt
03-07-2012, 08:27
Yum! I've been using the copper ones for as long since they were first introduced :)

MCRU
03-07-2012, 08:29
Yum! I've been using the copper ones for as long since they were first introduced :)

Good to know, it's years since they first came out and I was surprised that not more OEM's use them!

wombatt
03-07-2012, 09:10
Good to know, it's years since they first came out and I was surprised that not more OEM's use them!

I suppose because most people that have not sampled them will think of them as cheap looking plastic things and thus poor sounding as compared to your traditional metal bodied RCAs :(

I on the other hand subscribe to the theory that less is more :)

MCRU
03-07-2012, 09:11
I suppose because most people that have not sampled them will think of them as cheap looking plastic things and thus poor sounding as compared to your traditional metal bodied RCAs :(

I on the other hand subscribe to the theory that less is more :)

Yes I agree, plastic bodies are the future

sq225917
03-07-2012, 10:20
I think their limited uptake is likely due to price, they were way more expensive than other brands when new, and the limited size of the solder bucket. Neither of which ever stopped me using them.

MCRU
03-07-2012, 10:23
I think their limited uptake is likely due to price, they were way more expensive than other brands when new, and the limited size of the solder bucket. Neither of which ever stopped me using them.

100% correct Simon, if only the grounding pin was slightly larger!

Marco
03-07-2012, 10:34
Perhaps that's a mod for the future? It doesn't appear to be holding people back though, from using them in many high-end applications.

I suppose because most people that have not sampled them will think of them as cheap looking plastic things and thus poor sounding as compared to your traditional metal bodied RCAs...

That's the problem though, Anthony: audiophiles seeking 'jewellery' to impress, and being blinded by bling - especially when the 'bling' makes it sound worse! :doh: :rolleyes:

All that should matter is whatever offers the best sonic performance - end of.

Marco.